Coolpad Surf Won't Turn On

Highlighted

Coolpad Surf Won't Turn On

I just got this device today and purchased a plan with it.

When I first powered it up I saw the lights come on and the SSID broadcast. I successfully connected my laptop it it.

In less than ten minutes the device turned off. I then turned it back on. The device turned on but all four icons turned green. It is not broadcasting an SSID and the power button no longer turns it off.

I tried resetting it by holding both buttons but nothing happens when I do this. The lights do not flash or turn off. The only way to shut it off is to pull the battery out.

If I plug it into a battery the battery light turns on and is green. When I disconnect the charger the battery light stays on and the device will not turn on. I have to disconnect the battery or it just stays like that.

Is my device just broken?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. We are really sorry to hear that you are experiencing inconveniences with your device. Please send us a private message so we can access your account and assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Groupie

When I first powered it up I saw the lights come on and the SSID broadcast. I successfully connected my laptop it it.

In less than ten minutes the device turned off. I then turned it back on. The device turned on but all four icons turned green. It is not broadcasting an SSID and the power button no longer turns it off.

I tried resetting it by holding both buttons but nothing happens when I do this. The lights do not flash or turn off. The only way to shut it off is to pull the battery out.

If I plug it into a battery the battery light turns on and is green. When I disconnect the charger the battery light stays on and the device will not turn on. I have to disconnect the battery or it just stays like that.

I would appreciate some help.