8gb hotspot

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

8gb hotspot

Okay so I use hotspot for when I play on my Xbox because my WiFi makes me lag and etc. But I recived a message saying “warning You’ve used 85 percent of your mobile hotspot usage cap. Your service will expire when you reach 8192” so if I use all 8gb of my hotspot what will happen? Does my hotspot stop working? Or does it just slowdown. I’m at 6.7gb as of now. Can somone tell me what happens.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: 8gb hotspot

Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of plan for mobile phones. You can check our plans for mobile hotspot devices here at http://boost.co/2jaYVJo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! The mobile hotspot is limited to 8GB on the $50 unlimited plan. Once you use the 8GB, the hotspot service will stop.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Okay is there a plan with 10gb?
Highlighted
Agent

Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of plan for mobile phones. You can check our plans for mobile hotspot devices here at http://boost.co/2jaYVJo.

View solution in original post

Enthusiast

I feel that's misleading. They should tell you this when you purchase your plan and device. I've been a long time customer and never used this till two days ago to find out I'm out of data. I've changed to you from cricket and other services in the past because you all have been most honest. I asked about this specifically to a boost mobile employee and was told tethering is unlimted and I'm in a bind where I need it and can't even use it enough for what I need. It is reviews for work. I review shows. I can't complete work now cause I'm away from wifi otherwise. This sucks. I need the two devices running. One to watch what I review and one to use for my notes and reviews to write. I wouldn't be so mad except I was lied to by your employees and this isn't the first time I felt mislead by boost. However this is first time it truly effects me. Not happy. May change carriers again.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi Phil-M!

So sorry about the misinformation! Our $50 Unlimited Gigs Plan offers 8GB hotspot only, but we also have the $60 Unlimited Plus plan, with 20GB hotspot per month and HD video streaming.

EdwinRG