Community Manager

Capture.PNG

Google has officially launched their “Messages for Web” functionality that allows Android Messages users to send and receive SMS, MMS and RCS messages on your computer.  Your existing messaging threads are all there!  If you don’t have Android Messages and are on a Samsung device, for example, you can always download it from Google Play and make it your default messaging client if you would like to use it.

I have been using it for about a week and absolutely love it.  Sure you can text at work without pulling out your phone, but I think the best side effect of Messages for Web is I conserves my battery.  I no longer have to turn on my phone to send and receive texts.   It's all handled by the web while I'm at work.  Another benefit?  If you leave your phone at home (which I did last Friday), you can still send/receive texts!!

Try it out it!

• In Android Messages (main screen with text threads), select the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen.Screenshot_20180703-143614.png

• Select ‘Messages for Web’.  The instructions are there along with the website to go to on your computer  (https://messages.android.comScreenshot_20180703-143634.png

• Your mobile messaging experience will render on your computer very quickly
  • Your mobile messaging experience will render on your computer very quickly
  • Once you have the website up on your PC, Click on the Scan QR Code button and hold the phone facing your computer screenCapture1.PNG

• Your mobile messaging experience will render on your computer very quicklyCapture.PNG

• For security purposes, the Android Messages client will also tell you when you are still logged into a number of computers and you can always sign-out of those computers by going back into Messages for Web in your AM device client.
  • Note:  Most browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge) will support this, however, Internet Explorer will not.  
  • Ignore all of the above if you are using iOS.