mms over wifi

Highlighted
Enthusiast

mms over wifi

Hi,

I am having the same issue as others in that I cannot send any mms messages over a wifi connection.

My question is is it possible to send mms messages over wifi? Is it allowable on boost?

I've had boost service for a little over 2 years and I'm on my 3rd phone and as far as I know

I could never send or download any type of mms message over wifi. Just data only.

Thanks,

Brian

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Agent

Re: mms over wifi

Hello, Brian!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate this matter with our network team in order to answer your question ASAP.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi,

Any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Brian

Highlighted
Agent

Hi hmg7900!

The MMS service requires mobile data connectivity to work properly, even when you're connected to WiFi. You can use your WiFi anytime, but MMS messages require a cellular connection to send/receive. If you have cellular data and WiFi both turned on, the phone should switch seamlessly, although sometimes you have to switch the WiFi off in order for the messages to send/receive.

EdwinRG

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have the same problem., but it just started when I switched from my J3 Emerge to the J3 Achieve. The Emerge has always and still will send MMS with wifi only, but the Achieve will not. I have never in all the years I've been with Boost had to use data to send or receive MMS while on wifi only. Please advise. I have reset the phone,, etc, etc., but still have this problem.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I talk to a rep. This is a update Boost has created with their latest phones. All of the phones that has came out in 2018. Have this flaw
Highlighted
Accomplice

Thank you - Are they going to fix this?

Highlighted
Accomplice

When did Boost create this update? I have had my phone since 2016. I just noticed this when I went to buy a phone this year. I bought 3 phones before I realized it was a new update with the Boost company
Highlighted
Accomplice

They acted like its been like this. So my guess is no. I noticed a agent respond to your or someone elses post. We should ask again
Highlighted
Accomplice

When is Boost gonna allow MMS over WIFI again?
Why was it taken away?