international text message

Groupie

international text message

I've been customer for over 10 years. I used to have the $5 unlimited international add-on. When you canceled it I was grandfathered in and kept it. Couple months ago I upgraded to an S7 they assured me that there would be no problem with my $5 International. And so far it has worked. Today I tried to send a picture text message to a Canadian phone number and it says whoops low account balance or whoops balance to go something like that and then fails to send the message with a picture
5 REPLIES 5
Groupie

Re: international text message

Also my plan isn't due until the end of the month and there is a current card on file for auto payment
Agent

Hi there Jicaman. As it turns out, you can only send regular SMS, not MMS text. You can see the description of the service by following this link https://www5.boostmobile.com/?INTNAV=TopNavRobot tonguelans:InternationalServices#!/shop/plans/international-ser...

Groupie

Then can you tell me why it has been working for the last 10 years no problem at all all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore I've been sending multimedia messages to the same Canadian number literally for 10 years. And no matter who you talk to at Boost you get a different story from each person when I called to find out what the problem was they said you can't send messages to Canada unbelievable
Agent

Hello, @Jicaman. Thank you for stopping by.  Unfortunately, with the international connect, you can only send regular international text messages. We're truly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.  -Kira_M.

Groupie

I read what you're saying but you're not understanding me. I can show you screenshots in the thread of text messages to this Canadian number where I have been sending multimedia picture text messages for the last 10 years to the same person no problem. Then all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore in the last month. When I call you your rep tells me I can't send messages to Canada at all now you're telling me I can't send multimedia messages and I have proof that I've been doing it for 10 years so will you please ask somebody and find out if you just recently changed your policy or something? You keep telling me I can't do it and I've literally been doing it ever since I've had my service with you if you want proof and screenshots I'm happy to prove to you what I'm saying