Sent an MMS to the wrong person! Help!

Accomplice

Sent an MMS to the wrong person! Help!

I was going to send some images to my boyfriend, but accidentally sent it to a former friend by accident. I did all i could to try to stop them from sending--from turning the cellular data off to switching to airplane mode. This person has me blocked and they also have boost mobile. Can they still receive the images?

We both have iphones as well.

13 REPLIES 13
Agent

Re: Sent an MMS to the wrong person! Help!

Hi, ybenigno94. The phone should show if the MMS was successfully sent, or if it failed. It gives an error message.

Accomplice

It doesn't really show since I deleted the images from the message thread. I tried to test it out the same methods on another friend, but after a few minutes of turning off airplane, the MMS still went through. It only stops actual text messages.

Agent

Understood. Unfortunately, that person probably received the MMS. 

Accomplice

Even if they have me blocked through Boostmobile?
Agent

If someone blocks your number from texting, that person you're sending the text won't be able to receive it.

Accomplice

Great! If that’s the case, then if anytime they decide to unblock me, will the MMS still go through?
Agent

If that person decides to unblock your number, he/she won't still be able to get your message. However, if you send another text after being unblocked, he/she will be getting the text.

Accomplice

So they’ll get the wrong messages that were sent prior to being blocked plus the new one? Or just the new texts and not the MMS I sent prior?
Highlighted
Agent

They will only receive new texts or MMS after unblocking your number. They won't receive old messages.