SOLVED: Error code 97 when texting

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast

SOLVED: Error code 97 when texting

I swapped phones since my old phone broke. After we swapped the phone i couldn't send or receive messages. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Error code 97

Indicates either the username or home agent IP address is missing. A data restore should resolve this issue. Settings ---> More ---> Data ---> Update Profile..
9 REPLIES 9

Hey there, DarkenedSoul! Sorry for the late reply, and please accept our apologies for this issue.

To further help you with this matter, please send us a private message including your mobile number, PIN code, and the MEID (or IMEI) of the phone you just activated.

Looking forward to your reply!

- Hozuki_Robert

Accomplice

Indicates either the username or home agent IP address is missing. A data restore should resolve this issue. Settings ---> More ---> Data ---> Update Profile..
Enthusiast

That worked, thank you for the help
Accomplice

Your welcome

Didn't work.for me I camtake or recoeve calls fr home or text and when I recieve messages they actually come.in lime 7 times please help !! I troed reprogramming and updating profile
Agent

Sorry you’ve been experiencing this, @Danichi. We want to help! Could you send us your zip code  and any street intersection near you to check the network? 

Dm1 Groupie
Groupie

Just changed my number and now I cannot call my old number was **** and is now I can't I only get sent to a external sprint number help!

Dm1 Groupie
Groupie

Can u please email me
Agent

Hey there, DM1! We can help you with that. If you have an Android, you may dial the code ##72786# to program the phone to your new number. If it is an iPhone, dial the code ##873283#. If the issue persists after that, feel free to send us a private message so we may take a closer look.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.