SOLVED: Can not send pictures

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

SOLVED: Can not send pictures

For the past week or so, I have not been able to send pictures. My sister gets my pictures but when I try to send pictures to my boyfriend, it says "Not delivered" in read with a red exclamation point beside the picture. (I have an iPhone 6).  Anyone else having this issue? I don't want to continue to have this phone service if I can't continue doing the same things I've been doing on my phone. (My phone is up to date also). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: can not send pictures

Thanks for the information. It is possible that the picture messages are being sent as iMessage instead as regular texts. Please, follow this steps to turn on SMS and MMS settings:

-SMS: On the device, select Settings > Messages > Send as SMS, tap button to turn ON.
-MMS: On the device, select Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging, tap button to turn ON.

Once completed, please try to send a picture to your boyfriend and let us know the outcome.

26 REPLIES 26
Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, @LindsayR. We want to help! Are pictures not sending using iMessage or regular text messages? Are you able to use the internet?  Does your boyfriend has an iPhone or an Android?

Groupie

RossyC,
My sister has an iPhone and she receives my pictures just fine. My boyfriend has Android, and up until about a week or so ago, I was able to send him pictures just fine. He also has tried to send me pictures and I can’t recieve them.
Agent

Thanks for the information. It is possible that the picture messages are being sent as iMessage instead as regular texts. Please, follow this steps to turn on SMS and MMS settings:

-SMS: On the device, select Settings > Messages > Send as SMS, tap button to turn ON.
-MMS: On the device, select Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging, tap button to turn ON.

Once completed, please try to send a picture to your boyfriend and let us know the outcome.

Groupie

Okay, I will. This is will not cause me to be charged anything, will it? Since I have an unlimited plan, I would guess it wouldn’t... correct?
Agent

Hello, @LindsayR. No extra charges we'll be applied on your account. Since, the MMS are included on your plan.

~ Joy P.

~ Joy P.
Groupie

Thank you both!!! It is fixed!! Robot Happy
Accomplice

my phone also cannot send or get incoming pics - - says sending and never ends up sending

Agent

Hey there, @scott1819! We're deeply sorry to hear that. Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin and full address where this occurs. We'll be waiting for you!

Accomplice

i sent you the info and thank you