Not receiving text messages. MSG 2111, restored phone, went to Apple Genius Bar

Groupie

Not receiving text messages. MSG 2111, restored phone, went to Apple Genius Bar

I am at my wits end! I have troubleshooted this issue on my iPhone SE for 2 months with phone support and even gone to the apple genius bar. They confirmed this is a carrier issue and not a factory defect like Boost is claiming. I cannot receive SMS texts, and phone calls to my device. I even tried texting MYSELF (turned iMessage off) and I receive the error message "The recipient you are sending to has chosen not to receive messages. MSG 2111". This is insane, and I will de asking for a refund for Boost for not being able to fix this issue since MARCH 2018. I may even be asking for a full refund on the phone itself, since this piece of crap has made me miss important work calls and family events. HOW DO I FIX THIS, I don't want to transfer my device and be stuck with this issue!!!!

3 REPLIES
Groupie

Re: Not receiving text messages. MSG 2111, restored phone, went to Apple Genius Bar

I have had to pay out of pocket for a WiFI number on the device just to make sure O don't miss out on too many communications. This is garbage!
Groupie

Re: Not receiving text messages. MSG 2111, restored phone, went to Apple Genius Bar

I am in chat support with Sprint, and they are just trying to pass the buck off back to Boot mobile support. I think I'm on track to ask for a refund for this device,and the services I paid for and did not hardly receive.
Agent

Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue, boostzugz!  Have you tried fixing the issue through the Boost Mobile  website, yet? If not, try logging into My Account. Once you're in, go to the Settings tab and click on Block Text Messages (located in the Services Settings section). It sounds like you've got some message blocks enabled, so maybe you'll be able to undo them through My Account.

If that doesn't work, let me know! Let's get this resolved for ya.