Not able to send or receive MMS on my Samsung J7 Perx.

Highlighted
Groupie

Not able to send or receive MMS on my Samsung J7 Perx.

Not able to send or receive MMS on my Samsung J7 Perx since last week, I've been using this phone for almost 3yrs without a problem. Stopped at the Boost store last Friday & was told that it was an issue with Samsung, any idea of when this will be fixed? I've tried looking up the solution ideas but nothing has worked. My APN list as well as the rest for it are all grayed out & inaccessible.

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us.

Let's have a look. 

To better assist you, please send us a private message with the following information: 

- Phone number 
- PIN 

Highlighted
Groupie

How do I send you a private message?
Highlighted
Agent

To send us a private message, please click on the picture of the agent and then select 'Send this user a private message'.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Has there been a remedy to fix this yet? I have 2 Galaxy J7 Perx phones on my account and both are experiencing the exact problem of not being able to send or receive MMS. I was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours today with both Boost Support and Samsung Support. Samsung says it's an APN issue which Boost has to remedy. After multiple attempts of resetting this and that I did a factory reset. This did not resolve the problem. I also installed Google Messenger app in place of Samsungs default Messages app and still cannot send or receive MMS. Everything else works fine on both wifi and cellular. This issue just appeared out of the blue after a couple years of no problems and as mentioned I have 2 of the phones and the issue is on both phones.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, Josi. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the service.

Highlighted
Groupie

Phone stopped sending/receiving mms two days ago. Has there been a fix to this problem?

Highlighted

Hi, Josi! This seems to be a known issue. We are terribly sorry.

Highlighted

Are you connected to a WiFi network when you try to send it?

Highlighted
Accomplice

I've tried wifi and non wifi. I've basically done every possible thing that can be done on the user end with no avail. MMS used to work and now it doesn't. Samsung believes it has to do with APN but those settings cannot be changed on my end. I'll give it to the end of this billing cycle for Boost to correct it. If I need to get a new phone I will also need to get a new cell provider. I sadly missed out on all the pictures of my son and his wifes new baby that was born yesterday as the hospital wouldn't let anyone in due to Covid.
You need to understand. Texting with MMS is the number 1 reason many of us use our cell phones for. This isn't just an inconvenience. It's a totally useless service without this feature.