My iMessages will send as text messages claiming I have "low balance" when I'm on an unlimited plan

Highlighted
Accomplice

My iMessages will send as text messages claiming I have "low balance" when I'm on an unlimited plan

I have been texting my friend with the same plan since 2014 without any issues, and she's international from Colombia but also has an iPhone and we use iMessage without a problem. I switched to my iPhone6s around 2018 sometime. But very recently (about a week ago), randomly some of my messages to her have been turning green and then I received this text from boost

"BSTFreeMsg Text message not sent due to low balance. Recharge account. To find Re-Boost Location from handset go to Web then Re-Boost Locator"

This has never happened before and I'm on an unlimited plan. I tried to contact someone from Boost and they claimed I needed to get on add on, when again, I have been messaging her since 2014 without any problem so I shouldn't just randomly be having to be getting add ons for an issue that's never happened before and goes back to normal after a while. It happens randomly and then goes back to normal. It's getting very frustrating and annoying, I need help on how to resolve this.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Agent

So sorry to hear that, hassan0705. Let's do some investigating. Is this issue happening at a specific location or multiple ones? When the problem happens, have you checked if the data service works?

Highlighted
Accomplice

It's happened when I'm at home on wifi, out with just using my data, etc. It happens randomly without any warning and it's currently happening right now. I have checked multiple times, and the boost people I have chatted with have also checked my data coverage and it's never been an issue. This just started to happen about a week ago, and there's no explanation for it and it's incredibly frustrating.

Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Is this problem happening when texting that specific number or multiple ones? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

That specific number mainly, but it has happened when texting someone else with an iPhone too. I mainly text that number so it happens mainly with that specific number.

Highlighted
Agent

Please, go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update and make sure it's up to date.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Just did, I updated the software. Hopefully this will stop the annoying issue.

Highlighted
Agent

Good. Please, take a few minutes or hours to test the service and reach us back if the problem persists.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Will do. Thanks.

Highlighted
Agent

You're very welcome. We remain at your service.