Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Delayed incoming text messages

Highlighted
Accomplice

Delayed incoming text messages

Hello, 

I bought a Moto G6 Play a couple of months ago. It works great except that incoming text messages arrive 3, 10, and sometimes 20 minutes later. It has been happening since before I bought this phone, and I thought it would be fixed by buying a new phone but it hasn't. It is frustrating.

It works fine for the first incoming text, then the rest (when having a conversation via text) come in delayed. I checked the coverage map and it shows I have great coverage in my area. I don't understand what is going on and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best,

Jocelyn 

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: Delayed incoming text messages

Hi there, @geomuser! We're sorry to hear about this, definitely want to help you. Please try these steps on your phone and let us know the results:

1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
2. Tap the Settings icon.
3. From the General tab, scroll to and tap System updates.
4. Tap Update PRL.
5. Once the PRL update is complete, tap OK.
6. Then tap Update profile.
7. Once the profile update is complete, tap OK.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hello!

I updated the PRL and the Profile but I am still having the same issues. I forgot to add I had tried that before already. But I tried it again and still getting delayed text messages. 

Highlighted
Agent

Understood, geomuser. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Of course. Cross streets are S. Bonnie Beach Pl. & Whittier Blvd. 

My zip code is 90023. 

Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for the information provided, @geomuser According to our system, there's an outage that is currently affecting the area. It could be the reason why you are not able to receive your messages in time. Our technicians are already working with this issue and we may get an update soon.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Okay, I understand. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it. 

Highlighted
Agent

You are very welcome, @geomuser! If you ever need any other kind of assistance, do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be pleased to help. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hello, 

It's been two months now, and the delayed text messages have gotten worse. I now get delayed text messages hours, not minutes, after they have been originally sent to me and I now get dropped calls in the middle of a conversation. I updated the PRL and what not and the same issue persists. Is there still an outage in my area? I am so frustrated that I am so close to changing providers. 

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, geomuser. That doesn’t sound good at all. So sorry about this. We'd like to look into this for you. Can you send us a private message with your phone number, pin code, and complete address where this occurs?