Constant 9197 spam

Highlighted
Accomplice

Constant 9197 spam

I've been receiving a spam from a 9197 cpde saying "Messenger's enhanced features have been enabled" and this has so far been 5 times in total today and yesterday. How do I stop this from happening? It happens about once every 4-6 hours. I'm using an LG K51 phone and the pre-installed Messaging app that it came with.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! Please try checking for software updates. Make sure that your phone is connected through the internet, preferably through Wifi, then go into Settings > System Updates > Update Software. Let us know if the issue persists after the software is up to date.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes I had already attempted a software update and it said my phone was already up to date.

Highlighted
Agent

We understand. Please try it again while following these steps: Please make sure that your device is connected to the internet be it via Wifi or mobile data, then go into Settings > System Updates > Check for and download any software update available. Once it is installed, turn off your Wifi and go into Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and select "CDMA/LTE". Once that is selected, dial the code ##72786#. If the phone asks for confirmation, select the option to say yes. Let us know how it goes.

Accomplice

So I turned on WiFI, went to check for updates. Confirmed up to date. Turned off WiFi, went to mobile networks. The options for network mode were GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, GSM/WCDMA auto, WCDMA only and GSM only. Slightly different, but chose GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto (which was also the option already selected but touched it again anyway), then dialed the code. Code shows up with "Connection problem or invalid MMI code."

Highlighted
Agent

Understood. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

Highlighted
Groupie

Hello, I'm having this same problem on my Moto G Fast that I just purchased to replace my old Boost phone. It's a different model than the OP so I don't have the "network mode" option. My phone software it up to date and I've restarted the phone a couple of times. Is there a fix for my phone model? Thanks!

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there elizancaf. Thank you for contacting us. We want lo look into this for you. Please send us a private message with the details. victor21