Cannot send MMS texts with pictures or video

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Cannot send MMS texts with pictures or video

I just activated my boost service a week ago, and since then i cannot send texts with pictures or video. My phone is a Galaxy S10 that I purchased online unlocked. I have tried soft resetting the phone, reseting my networks, none of that has helped.

Regular text only texts will go through, I can receive texts with pictures and videos. The only thing that does not work is sending texts with pictures or video. I get the error message "Network Failed."

I already called customer service and they couldn't help me unless I had another number. Who has multiple phone numbers these days?

Help!

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Agent

@OPKC Are you receiving an error message?

Highlighted
Accomplice

OMG you're paying $89! I went to Target the other day and an AT&T rep was offering me a plan for $60/month that included a Galaxy Note 20 free
Highlighted
Accomplice

That is for two phones, not one.
Highlighted
Groupie

Here's what the BOOST help desk told me ....... (I have a Samsung J3 Emerge)

call  8882667848 if you want to go through everything with them..

OK. so she said  go to your phone dial pad and enter  ##72786#  and the phone will RESET

then when its all re-started and back on the home screen,

1) go to Messages (yellow icon) / upper right corner hit the 3 dots for Settings / More settings . Multimedia settings / Auto Retrieve OFF.

2) Home screen / pull down top bar (upper right is GEAR icon) for Settings / Connections / Mobile Networks / Network Mode / select CDMA  (device will restart)

when its all re-started and back on the home screen,

3) go to Messages (yellow icon) / upper right corner hit the 3 dots for Settings / More settings . Multimedia settings / Auto Retrieve ON.

That worked GREAT for me.

Highlighted
Groupie

I'm having the same issue. Cant send or receive MMS messages, and cant add APN name as its grayed out. This is not a new phone, it just suddenly stopped receiving MMS about 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Enthusiast

@Mich22

The only issue with that is your only using 3G now. I had to do the same thing. Hope they fix it soon or I will be looking for another carrier
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @Jasmopar89 Thanks for reaching out to us, and apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please send us a private message, so we can further assist you? 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Groupie

Thank you so much! I spent hours on chat today trying to solve a problem with my mobile network connection due to calls not going or being received (which I'm still not convinced will work), and they had me reset my network, which wiped the APN. The new settings Boost customer service (which I've found to be laughable) messed up my MMS texting. I was assured it would be fixed in two hours when the phone finished provisioning, which, of course, didn't happen. I've spent another couple of hours trying various APN settings and this finally seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you again.

Highlighted
Groupie

I tried this and it is greyed out.  I can not get any pictures in my messenger

we are in out 60's  and this is driving me nuts.  I've called boost and spent 2 hours on the phone then they sent me to samsung.  I spent an hour on the phone with them.

Please help

Ms Deb 

Highlighted
Agent

So sorry to hear that, @brunade. What's the make and model of your phone? What error are you receiving when trying to send picture messages?