Tips and tricks.

Community Manager

Tips and tricks.

I am creating this topic so I can provide you with ways to make your community experience more fun and easier to manage. If you want to subscribe to this thread you will get notified when I add new suggestions on using the community. Here's the first one: Did you know you can subscribe or unsubscribe to a topic (aka post or thread) by clicking the 3 little dots in the top right corner of the topic. The look like this ... (only bigger!).

A11ey
Crusader of Customer Advocacy

I encourage you to post your questions on the community!

9 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Tips and tricks.

Another tip: I have seen several members have uploaded images on their profile that look like there were intended to be set as their avatar. So try this, click on your avatar in the top right corner of the page, then select Profile from the drop down, Find your avatar on the left and look for the little edit button next to it, click it and select "Choose another avatar". you should now see 4 tabs to choose from:
FROM MY COMPUTER
FROM MY ALBUMS
FROM ANOTHER SITE
FROM THE COMMUNITY
Make your selection add your new avatar, and tada, you now have a custom avatar!

A11ey

Community Manager

Here's the Friday tip of the week!  Did you know, that giving kudos to people who have good questions or good answers, will help them to earn badges, and...you will earn them as well?  So please, click that Kudo, and show you appreciation!

A11ey

Community Manager

Today's tip!   Why are there 2 reply buttons?  

Buttons.PNG

Reply & Quick Reply, what is the difference?  

When you use the Reply Button you get the wide range of tools, including a Rich Text & HTML editors, you can add images, videos and links. One thing to know about Reply, you MUST use the spell checker, because misspelled words do not show unless you use the spell checker.

Quick Reply

If you prefer to just make a quick and simple reply, just click it!  It will automatically spellcheck using your browser!  However, none of the formatting tools show up!

A11ey

Guru

A11ey wrote:
Another tip: I have seen several members have uploaded images on their profile that look like there were intended to be set as their avatar. So try this, click on your avatar in the top right corner of the page, then select Profile from the drop down, Find your avatar on the left and look for the little edit button next to it, click it and select "Choose another avatar". you should now see 4 tabs to choose from:
FROM MY COMPUTER
FROM MY ALBUMS
FROM ANOTHER SITE
FROM THE COMMUNITY
Make your selection add your new avatar, and tada, you now have a custom avatar!

Hi Alley,

I am trying to do this.  I get the message

"

Success!

• Your image has been cropped to fit the available space. After it's approved, your avatar will be updated.

"

How long does it take for approval?

Yours,

-J

Community Manager

There was an issue with setting images as Avatars, thanks to @injeans for recognizing this, and bringing it to my attention! This has now been fixed! So if you have tried to upload your avatar. and have not been successful, please try again!!

A11ey

Groupie

Very interesting never knew that Ty.
Groupie

I did
Groupie

Thanx
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I am brand new to Boost and have my first Smartphone. I want an Avatar. Can someone please explain from the first step how I get one? No I am not a Blonde. I call when I am asking stupid question that I am having a Blonde moment. LOL