we had trouble processing your iccid

Go to solution
Accomplice

My wife purchased me a new phone (an “unlocked” Samsung Galaxy S9 purchased directly from Samsung AND cleared the IMEI number with Boost prior to purchase) for a wedding gift and I am unable to activate this phone despite the fact that your website said this phone was compatible as long as I had the proper SIM Card.

I purchased the SIM card (directly through my Boost account), installed it, and retried the activation process, but I keep getting the following error message:

Your first level support queue (level I) is completely incapable of escalating this issue in order to avoid losing me as a customer.

I've been told (by several) Boost Mobile support technicians that I must go to a Boost Mobile store to resolve my issue, yet the Boost Mobile Stores all say the toll free customer care is the only way to help, so which is it???

Another favorite for Level I support is to have the customer try all 3 SIM cards in the phone. CLEARLY THE OTHER TWO ARE MUCH LARGER AND NEVER FIT THE FIRST TIME I TRIED THEM! I work in IT myself and for Level I Support to have "try all 3 SIM cards" in their troubleshooting documentation is absurd because it is an absolute waste of your time and your customer's time.

If this new phone is not somehow magically activated by today (as I have been unsuccessfully trying ALL WEEKEND), I will have no other choice than to switch to my wife's carrier as a family plan.

This makes the most sense since this phone is unlocked and I can easily have Verizon port my Boost number away.  I have also been growing increasingly frustrated with the lack of customer and technical support from Boost Mobile and this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

For anyone else running into this issue:

I did another check on the Boost Mobile site here: https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone which told me the phone requires part number: SIMOLW506TQ (when I check it now, it no longer provides me the part number).

The solution (after realizing the SIM cards would be worthless after changing carriers) was to find the one SIM card with part number SIMOLW506TQ printed on it.  I did not notice because the SIM card can be broken down to a "nano" SIM card.  I did not realize that the black edges will break the "nano" inside of it loose.  I had nothing to lose so I pressed down on the edges (with the intention of cutting the SIM to fit) and it broke loose!

I popped this card in and it activated successfully.

I have no idea why Boost Mobile sends 3 different cards when they clearly know which part number is correct.  Also you should add to your Level I tech support documentation that each and every one of these cards can be converted to a "nano" sized SIM by pressing on the black edges (they're not perforated so it's not entirely intuitive).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

We truly apologize for this inconvenience, wmrwl. You can rest assured knowing that we will do everything in our power to resolve this. Can you please send me a private message with the IMEI and the SIM card from Boost along side your wife's phone number and PIN?

Accomplice

Thank you for taking your time to help with this.  I have sent you a direct message and am hoping for a successful resolution.

Accomplice

Did your customer support from this forum really just send me this private message?:

"Thank you. Unfortunately, the SIM card you received is not compatible with this device and the one compatible is not currently in stock. We're sorry for the inconvenience. "

What exactly does this mean?  I'm out the $10+ that I spent with Boost for the SIM card, PLUS I cannot get a SIM card for it?  Can I EVER get a SIM card or is this on back order for a certain length of time?

I'm thoroughly confused by this message and this is in no way shape or form an acceptable resolution.

Please send me a shipping label to send you back the bad SIM cards and refund my credit card otherwise I will have no other choice than to dispute the charges with my bank.

Also, can someone please explain to me why Boost offers SIM cards for sale via their website (using the IMEI Number) that do not work?

I'm tired of amateur hour at Boost and although I've been a customer since 2011 I can no longer stand the lack of customer support and inept technical support.

Way to go with losing another customer.  I was really hoping to get this resolved, but I suppose Verizon will be in contact at some point this week to port my number over to them.

Accomplice

Agent

We understand your frustration wmrwl. You can also get a SIM card at a store, they can help with the activation to ensure that it is a compatible model. We have reported this situation to our back office team so they may review the MEID tool online. We may be able to process a return request on your SIM order for a refund. Please send us your order number through a private message so we may look into that.

Accomplice

For anyone else running into this issue:

I did another check on the Boost Mobile site here: https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone which told me the phone requires part number: SIMOLW506TQ (when I check it now, it no longer provides me the part number).

The solution (after realizing the SIM cards would be worthless after changing carriers) was to find the one SIM card with part number SIMOLW506TQ printed on it.  I did not notice because the SIM card can be broken down to a "nano" SIM card.  I did not realize that the black edges will break the "nano" inside of it loose.  I had nothing to lose so I pressed down on the edges (with the intention of cutting the SIM to fit) and it broke loose!

I popped this card in and it activated successfully.

I have no idea why Boost Mobile sends 3 different cards when they clearly know which part number is correct.  Also you should add to your Level I tech support documentation that each and every one of these cards can be converted to a "nano" sized SIM by pressing on the black edges (they're not perforated so it's not entirely intuitive).

View solution in original post