"My Boost" App - Error Messages

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

"My Boost" App - Error Messages

Hello,
Is anyone else having problems using the Boost Mobile App? I have not been able to connect to it for months now, I think. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy and whenever I try to connect to my boost Mobile account via the my boost Mobile, I get the same error message for weeks now, "Network Error" with a message stating: "we are currently experiencing technical issues, please try again later"
As I mentioned, it's been happening now for awhile. At least a few weeks but I'm thinking a couple months now. I can't even remember the last time I signed in but I think it was before the last major update. However, this is the same error message I keep getting every time. I've cleared the app, even uninstalled and reinstalled it..to no avail.
Anyone else having this problem ? Anyone else know why this is happening, or what to do?
I would appreciate any suggestions, Thanks so much!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: My Boost App Error Messages

@Robrog8999 I'd like to report this back to the team that works on the My Boost app.   Sounds like you've done a lot of what I would advise and forgive me if you've tried this, I just want to be sure (and to put it out there if other people are reading).

If you have not already, please try this: Uninstall My Boost Mobile if you downloaded it from the play store.  Then open Boost Zone,  You should be asked to install an update.  This update _should_  trigger the correct version of My Boost to install and also remove Boost zone.

If you have already done that and youp're still getting an error, it'd be really helpful if you could answer a few questions:

You mentioned it's a Samsung Galaxy, which model?

Do you get the network error even when you're on WiFi?

You mentioned that you have done a lot of troubleshooting.  Have you tried dialing ##BRAND# from the phone dialer app?  If you do that, what happens?

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Hello. Thank you for contacting us. Please contact us through a Private message to be able to assist. Victor21

Accomplice

Sent you a private message
Agent

Hello, Robrog8999. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the app. If the technical team is having technical issues we hope they'll have the problem fixed anytime soon.

Just in case, make sure to reset the app going to Settings > App manager > Boost App > clear data.

Accomplice

Beleive me, I've done that probably 10 times. When I totally uninstall my boost, it becomes boost zone. When I got this phone from a Boost Mobile Store, it already had boost zone preinstalled, as well as a few other boost apps. I understand the update to boost zone is my Boost Mobile. But unfortunately, since it's become 'My Boost' I haven't been able to use the app due to these "technical problems"...
So I dunno, but I'm thinking the problem lies somewhere in the pre-installed boost Mobile apps. I can't even totally uninstall my boost , because, as I mentioned, it then becomes boost zone and my phone won't allow me to even remove boost zone. It came with it.
But yeah, I've updated everything, my phone software to the play store apps. Reset, cleaned cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, multiple times..problem still persists.. so until then I just want the boost Mobile apps off my phone
Agent

We understand that this is very inconvenience. We're sorry about that. Let's wait for the technical department to find a proper resolution.

Community Manager

@Robrog8999 I'd like to report this back to the team that works on the My Boost app.   Sounds like you've done a lot of what I would advise and forgive me if you've tried this, I just want to be sure (and to put it out there if other people are reading).

If you have not already, please try this: Uninstall My Boost Mobile if you downloaded it from the play store.  Then open Boost Zone,  You should be asked to install an update.  This update _should_  trigger the correct version of My Boost to install and also remove Boost zone.

If you have already done that and youp're still getting an error, it'd be really helpful if you could answer a few questions:

You mentioned it's a Samsung Galaxy, which model?

Do you get the network error even when you're on WiFi?

You mentioned that you have done a lot of troubleshooting.  Have you tried dialing ##BRAND# from the phone dialer app?  If you do that, what happens?

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

Accomplice

Hey Thanks for the helpful reply!
I actually did everything you suggested BESIDES the code you suggested I dial (which I gurantee WOULD have solved this issue) But It HAS finally been fixed. I called technical support for another problem (voicemail issues, which were fixed) and while repairing my voicemail issues it also resolved the "My Boost" app issues. I know the agent sent signals to my phone, or refreshed it i guess. And that is what fixed the issue. And I think you lastly suggested I do the same type of thing by entering the dial code. Which as I mentioned, probably would have solved this had I not called technical support. Which is why I selected your answer as the solution.
Thanks for your help!
Groupie

I have been having a similar problem with the My Boost App: mine doesn't load - it just hangs there. I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016). I use my dedicated WiFi connection when I've attempted to use the app and still got nowhere. If I had received an error message, I would have gotten further than the load image. I have uninstalled-restarted-reinstalled multiple times and the issue continues.  When I dialed ##BRAND# from the phone app,  the following message displayed:

• Warning
    This will reset the provisioning parameters and Brand customization to Factory default. Would you like to continue? Yes/No"

I clicked "No". I've put in time getting my phone to operate how I want it and I really do not want to start over - again - because a single app isn't working. ALSO: I did look at the online reviews for this app in the Play Store and many are negative (reporting similar issues).

Agent

Hi KewlMom!

Our developers are currently working on an update for the My Boost app, that should fix the majority of problems that have been reported after the last update was launched. Please send your reports to MyBoostGooglePlayFeedback@sprint.com for direct assistance with your issues, since the main thing our team can help with is problems specifically with the My Boost app. We hope this information helps.

EdwinRG.