deleting bookmarks

Go to solution
Highlighted

deleting bookmarks

I am unable to delete a bookmark in my BoostMobile Samsung phone.  How do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Promoter

Re: deleting bookmarks

BJRobertson wrote:

I am unable to delete a bookmark in my BoostMobile Samsung phone.  How do I do that?

@BJRobertson If you are using Chrome, try the following steps: 

Launch the web browser and then click the three verticle dots in the top right hand corner. This will open a menu. From this menu, click 'Bookmarks'. This will bring up your list of mobile bookmarks. Next to each bookmark is another set if three verticle dots. Click on the dots and a sub-menu will open and give you an option to delete the bookmark. Check out the screenshots below as well. 

BoostBookmark.PNG

If you aren't using Chrome, let me know. 

GeekGeoff

Boost Product Ambassador
4 REPLIES
Promoter

BJRobertson wrote:

@BJRobertson If you are using Chrome, try the following steps: 

Launch the web browser and then click the three verticle dots in the top right hand corner. This will open a menu. From this menu, click 'Bookmarks'. This will bring up your list of mobile bookmarks. Next to each bookmark is another set if three verticle dots. Click on the dots and a sub-menu will open and give you an option to delete the bookmark. Check out the screenshots below as well. 

BoostBookmark.PNG

If you aren't using Chrome, let me know. 

GeekGeoff

Boost Product Ambassador

My phone isn't using Chrome.  I can't find a single way to remove an unwanted bookmark on this thing.  It is a Samsung Replenish????   Do I have a third rate knock off reject phone???

Agent

There are two ways to delete a bookmark on the internet browser.

Delete from the Bookmarks List

The first method uses the Bookmarks list to delete a bookmark.

1.Tap Bookmarks at the top of the Internet app screen. The bookmarks you added most recently appear. If you haven’t added a bookmark, you see bookmarks and subfolders within the main Bookmarks folder.
2.Tap More.
3.Tap Edit.
4.Tap the check box to the left of the bookmark name. The check box turns green and a white check mark appears within the check box.
5.Delete the bookmark by tapping Delete. The Internet app deletes the bookmark instantly.

Delete from the History List

The second method uses the History list to delete a bookmark.

1.Tap the Bookmarks button at the top of the Internet screen, as you learned to do earlier in this chapter. The bookmarks you added most recently appear.
2.Tap the History tab. This brings up a list of web pages you’ve viewed recently.
3.Tap More.
4.Tap Edit. You can sync the bookmarks in your favorite web browser on your desktop or laptop computer with the Internet app so you have maximum control over your bookmarks.
5.Tap the check box to the left of the bookmark name. The check box turns green and a white check mark appears within the check box.
6.Tap Delete. The website no longer appears in the list of web pages.

We hope you find this information helpful.

EdwinRG.

Accomplice

There's a third option and it was the only solution that worked for me:

1. [Step varies by phone] On your phone, go to home Settings > General > Application manager > All > Show system apps

2. Next, find and tap com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks.

3. On the App info screen, tap Turn off or Disable.

4. Restart your phone and the Samsung Mobile bookmark folder should be gone by now.