attempt to invoke virtual method java lang string on a null object reference error pop up message

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

attempt to invoke virtual method java lang string on a null object reference error pop up message

attempt to invoke virtual method java lang string on a null object reference error pop up message please help me fix my issues it pop up when ever it feel like it .20170801_174813.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: attempt to invoke virtual method java lang string on a null object reference error pop up mes...

Yes, a factory reset will very likely fix the issue. Remember to back up any important information like contacts and pictures before.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Agent

Re: attempt to invoke virtual method java lang string on a null object reference error pop up mes...

Hello @mikemike55. Where did you get this message? Did you install any new app? What's the make and model of your phone?

Highlighted
Accomplice

@Hamilton I got it when I turn on my phone or open apps up .

Highlighted
Accomplice

@Hamilton and model is sm-j327p

Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for that information. Did you try to modify this device? Rooting? Flashing? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

No should I take a bug report on my phone ?

Highlighted
Agent

We recommend checking if there is any new software update for your phone. Please, follow the next steps:

1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
2. Tap the Settings icon.
3. Scroll to and tap System Update.
4. Tap Download updates manually.
5. If a system update is available, follow the prompts to install the update. Otherwise, tap the Back key.
6. After that, let us know how it goes.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Will a reset work ?

Highlighted
Agent

Yes, a factory reset will very likely fix the issue. Remember to back up any important information like contacts and pictures before.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ok.