attempt to invoke virtual method java lang string on a null object reference error pop up message

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

attempt to invoke virtual method java lang string on a null object reference error pop up message

attempt to invoke virtual method java lang string on a null object reference error pop up message please help me fix my issues it pop up when ever it feel like it .20170801_174813.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: attempt to invoke virtual method java lang string on a null object reference error pop up mes...

Yes, a factory reset will very likely fix the issue. Remember to back up any important information like contacts and pictures before.

13 REPLIES 13
Agent

Re: attempt to invoke virtual method java lang string on a null object reference error pop up mes...

Hello @mikemike55. Where did you get this message? Did you install any new app? What's the make and model of your phone?

Accomplice

@Hamilton I got it when I turn on my phone or open apps up .

Accomplice

@Hamilton and model is sm-j327p

Agent

Thanks for that information. Did you try to modify this device? Rooting? Flashing? 

Accomplice

No should I take a bug report on my phone ?

Agent

We recommend checking if there is any new software update for your phone. Please, follow the next steps:

1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
2. Tap the Settings icon.
3. Scroll to and tap System Update.
4. Tap Download updates manually.
5. If a system update is available, follow the prompts to install the update. Otherwise, tap the Back key.
6. After that, let us know how it goes.

Accomplice

Will a reset work ?

Agent

Yes, a factory reset will very likely fix the issue. Remember to back up any important information like contacts and pictures before.

Accomplice

Ok.