activate a sprint galaxy s7 on boost

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

activate a sprint galaxy s7 on boost

can I use my sprint galaxy s7 on boost will they activate it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru

TimCrawford wrote:

Hi Tim,

Short quick answer.  Nope.

Longer answer, NOT YET

As Boost Mobile IS (pre paid) Sprint, in theroy any SPRINT branded phone will work on Boost.  However, there is a list of devices that Boost keeps currently updated as their 'allowed' list.  You can find it here;

https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/phones-devices/activate-a-sprint-phone/

The Samsung Galaxy S6 was just added last month, about a month after the s7 came out.  You could generally expect the s7 to be added a couple months after the s8 comes out.

Since the s7 IS NOT ON THE list, Boost WILL NOT SUPPORT YOU

That being said, I do know some people that have gotten devices that are not on the list to work on Boost.  Like the Nexus P and Note 4.  You would need to know some phone programming to accomplish this as boost and their team will not be able to assist you with programming your MIN/MDN and your APNs.
When you contact customer service, they usually wont know where to start to even give you this info unless you ask for a RE-SKU or an ESN recovery.

Devices can not be on active service with Sprint or its partners, Boost/Virgin/Ring+/etc AND if the device is currently on Sprint Contract or has been labeled a Lost/Stolen device, it will not be eligible to activate on Boost service.

AND there is a $10 fee

Yours,
-J
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Guru

TimCrawford wrote:

Hi Tim,

Short quick answer.  Nope.

Longer answer, NOT YET

As Boost Mobile IS (pre paid) Sprint, in theroy any SPRINT branded phone will work on Boost.  However, there is a list of devices that Boost keeps currently updated as their 'allowed' list.  You can find it here;

https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/phones-devices/activate-a-sprint-phone/

The Samsung Galaxy S6 was just added last month, about a month after the s7 came out.  You could generally expect the s7 to be added a couple months after the s8 comes out.

Since the s7 IS NOT ON THE list, Boost WILL NOT SUPPORT YOU

That being said, I do know some people that have gotten devices that are not on the list to work on Boost.  Like the Nexus P and Note 4.  You would need to know some phone programming to accomplish this as boost and their team will not be able to assist you with programming your MIN/MDN and your APNs.
When you contact customer service, they usually wont know where to start to even give you this info unless you ask for a RE-SKU or an ESN recovery.

Devices can not be on active service with Sprint or its partners, Boost/Virgin/Ring+/etc AND if the device is currently on Sprint Contract or has been labeled a Lost/Stolen device, it will not be eligible to activate on Boost service.

AND there is a $10 fee

Yours,
-J
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

View solution in original post

Highlighted