Will the note 9 be eligible for activation?

Accomplice

Will the note 9 be eligible for activation?

Samsung will be announcing the note 9 next month, and it would be awesome if we could activate the unlocked version with Boost's services. Given the recent history of unlocked samsung devices that could be activated, I would say that it will be possible to activate it.
83 REPLIES 83
Agent

Re: Will the note 9 be eligible for activation?

Hi there, @neosiris! Thank you for stopping by. We don’t have any news to share about that just yet. We’re always working to provide you with the hottest devices, so stay tuned!

Accomplice

All right! thanks. Looking forward to an update on that Robot Very Happy
Agent

@neosiris: If you have any other question or request, feel free to let us know. We're here to help!

Accomplice

Hello everybody at boost Robot Very Happy! Here you have me again with an update on the note 9 eligibility situation... So apparently you can now reserve the unlocked version of the phone over in (https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/reserve/)
Do you guys have an update as to whether it is eligible to use with your service? Given what we've seen with samsung's latest phones (including the unlocked note 8) I would say yes, it's possible, but I wanna make sure before I reserve the device!
Thank you and any update would be appreciated Robot Very Happy
Agent

Hi there! No word on that just yet, but please keep checking back for updates. 

Accomplice

Sounds good! hopefully, you guys will have an answer by next week when it gets announced haha Robot Very Happy
Highlighted
Accomplice

SOOOOOOOO!! I spoke to a Samsung representative regarding the note 9 activation limitations. And he told me that the device could be activated with every carrier and technology worldwide, the same way the s9 and note 8 were. So I just wanna make sure with you guys that I could swap to the note 9 before I preorder it 😀

Agent

Hi again, @neosiris This device isn't in the list of compatible devices for the Bring Your Own Device program, so we suggest you refrain from making any purchase until further notice.

Accomplice

Oh no, so basically you guys only have to work some backend stuff right? because essentially the phone can be activated anywhere. Well, I hope you get an answer soon about that because I would love to get the preorder goodies.