Why is my phone suddenly saying invalid sim card

Groupie

Why is my phone suddenly saying invalid sim card

Ok I have a Samsung galaxy j7 suddenly yesterday it stopped working after it ran outta battery yesterday and now when i turn my phone on it stays on for about 2 min then says it can't detect a SIM card and I have to restart the phone and now it just says invalid SIM card. What do I do.
See more topics labeled with:
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

Re: Why is my phone suddenly saying invalid sim card

Hey there, Cocobby90! Can you please remove the SIM card and rub the metal plate on fabric then place the SIM card inside the device?

Highlighted
Groupie

I did that and same thing is still happening!
Highlighted
Agent

Hello @Cocobby90. We'll wish to take a closer look! Would you please send us a private message with your phone number and pin? 

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I’m having the same issue all of the sudden. Did u ever get it fixed
Highlighted
Agent

Really sorry to hear that, @Ledwards0103! Let’s check this thing out. Does your phone say Invalid SIM card? Have you tried removing the SIM card? Can you please let us know the make and model of the phone?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes I have done all that. I have iPhone X
Highlighted
Agent

Oh, I see! We'd like to confirm, is the iPhone X a Boost Mobile phone or did you get it from a different carrier? If a Boost phone, is the SIM card the original one that came with it?

Highlighted
Accomplice

No it was an unlocked phone never had a carrier with it besides Boost.
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. We'd like to access your account to further assist you. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI and ICCID (SIM card numbers) of the iPhone X you have?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".