Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

WHERE IS MY REPLACEMENT DEVICE!

Accomplice

WHERE IS MY REPLACEMENT DEVICE!

CAUTION TO ANYONE BUYING A PRE-OWNED DEVICE FROM BOOSTMOBILE.COM  

two weeks ago I purchased a pre-owned samsung galaxy s-8 off of the boostmobile.com website.  I received it the following monday, just to learn it couldn't be activated because the phone was STILL ATTACHED to an old SPRINT account. We contacted boost mobile support via the phone AND the community message boards and found NO HELP over the phones but was quickly helped By Annie. She got some basic information, told me my replacement would be shipped soon and to package the old phone in the provided pre-paid shipping packaging that would come with the replacement device. Mind you...they didn't tell me the phone had been shipped until literally the next day. I had been hounding them all day about it and the best i got was "we're waiting on the back office" when in reality...the device had already been shipped...not only did i not receive any sort of confirmation email...but i wouldn't have even received a tracking number had I not asked for it specifically...ultimately not a big deal...just an example of how poor the communication is. Moving onto the replacement device. The battery failed the first day.  Activated the phone without issue on thursday....come friday after using spotify in the house it just decided it no longer wanted to take a charge. I tried multuple OFFICIAL samsung galaxy s8 chargers..including a wireless one...I tried a factory reset...I tried virtually everything and the charging light wouldn't even come on when it was plugged in.  So when the phone finally dies and shows zero signs of life, i contacted the same people that helped me before...and was quickly told THAT FRIDAY NIGHT...that they would be submitting a new request for a replacement.    Fastfoward to wednesday of the next week AND NOBODY KNOWS WHATS GOING ON. I'M BEING TOLD IVE BEEN CALLED WHEN I HAVEN'T. WHEN THEY DID ACTUALLY CALL AND LEAVE A VOICEMAIL AND CALLBACK NUMBER...IT WAS FOR VIRGIN MOBILE. IT LEGITIMATELY FEELS LIKE THESE GUYS ARE TRYING TO TROLL ME INTO "JUST SAYING SCREW IT, KEEP MY MONEY, I DON'T EVEN WANT IT". SPENT TWO HOURS AT THE BOOST MOBILE STORE HAVING THEIR OWN REPS ARGUE WITH EACHOTHER ABOUT WHAT TO DO. IT'S A NIGHTMARE AND NOBODY CARES.   I just want what I paid for. I don't even care about comped service for the days i haven't been able to use my plan. I JUST WANT WHAT I PAID FOR!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Agent

Re: WHERE IS MY REPLACEMENT DEVICE!

We are so sorry that happened, Shanehallberg! We are currently working on your case. You can rest assured knowing that we will do everything in our power to resolve this. Your patience in the meantime is definitely appreciated. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Highlighted
Accomplice

The solution is sending me a replacement. You guys have had since last Friday to figure this nonsense out. I'm about to just dispute the charge and cancel my plan if you guys can't get me some answers.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Let me guess little to no help at all replacing your trash phone you bought strait from boost mobile that is supposed to be the best and so far I've read over 25 complaints from customers who buy devices off line. Specificly the pre owned devices. I understand they are used. But shouldn't they work? Y'all sending people phones that have locks on the screen then proceed to fill the customers head with bull crap information that isn't even correct just sounds good so they think you know what your talking about and then y'all keep telling customers to be patient and wait up to 48 hours on several messages to the same person about the same phone knowing dam well they only have 7 days to return in back to y'all and after that the customer is screwed. So yes boost mobile will give you the run around and troll you around till its too late because they think if they make it too difficult you will just cut your losses and move on with a new paper weight to gather up dust.
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @Patiencet50! Really sad to read your feedback. We wish you could have a different opinion about our service. If you currently have an issue with your Pre-Owned handset, please let us take a look at your case to see what we can do to help. Do not hesitate to reply back to this post through a private message for further help. Thank you.