Voicemail issues

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Voicemail issues

I recently switched from Sprint to Boost. Voicemails that are left for me do not go to the native app on my galaxy s7 like they did when I was with Sprint. I get a text message that I have voicemail and to dial 1 to listen or a link to install app. The link takes me to an app called "Sprint visual voicemail" that says it's not compatible with my device. This app has the same appearance as the native voicemail app that came pre-installed on my phone when I bought it through Sprint. This app worked fine with Sprint but since coming to Boost it does not receive voicemail, I must call in now to listen. I have dialed 1 and set up my voicemail since coming to Boost but still voicemails don't come through the app. What do I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I got the native visual voicemail app to work. I went into settings and then apps and cleared the cache and data from voicemail app. When I opened the app back up it set up and is now working.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, digermania. Features like voice, basic text, and web will be available on eligible Sprint phones. Due to technical differences between the Boost Mobile and Sprint MMS platform, we CANNOT guarantee that MMS (aka picture messaging) will be available on these phones. In addition, we do NOT guarantee that all Sprint specific or other preinstalled applications may be available or functional.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yeah, switching over took away my Wi-Fi calling. My MMS abilities are intact. I would like to use a voicemail app and not have to call in however. I'm very disappointed. Perhaps someone else will have a solution you're not aware of.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I got the native visual voicemail app to work. I went into settings and then apps and cleared the cache and data from voicemail app. When I opened the app back up it set up and is now working.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Agent

That’s great, @digermania! If you have any other question or concern, feel free to reply.

Highlighted

I'm having this problem, but I have been a boost user for several years and I purchase this phone through Boost. All of a sudden I'm now getting text messages saying that I have a voicemail and a link to download the app which is incompatible with my phone.
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, Kleighton! If you are using the Visual Voicemail, you may confirm that your subscription is still active within the app ($2.99/month). 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm suddenly having the same problem. I don't know what visual voicemail is. I have an app on my phone called voicemail. It's stores in audible recording of the voicemail that I can listen to without having to call in to the voicemail system. There's nothing visual about it. Why are my messages suddenly going to this other place that I have to dial into to listen to them?
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, @SixSigmaGuy! With Visual Voicemail, you can choose to listen, delete, or flag any of the voicemails without listening. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm not sure how that answers my question?