Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Voice over LTE with Boost Mobile & the Samsung Galaxy Note8 Pre-Owned

Accomplice

Voice over LTE with Boost Mobile & the Samsung Galaxy Note8 Pre-Owned

I have a Boost Mobile plan. If I buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Owned that Boost is advertising for $299, will I be able to get Voice over LTE (VoLTE)?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Voice over LTE with Boost Mobile & the Samsung Galaxy Note8 Pre-Owned

Hello, sisko. Thanks for contacting us. At the moment, the company does not offer Voice over LTE (VoLTE). However, we are looking to launch it soon. Stay tuned for more details. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks for the reply.

1.  What is "soon"? I want to update my phone by March 1, 2020?
  2.  When (a relative date, please) will Boost be 5G?
Highlighted
Agent

No news on that yet, but stay tuned to our site for updates on this.

Highlighted
Accomplice

If I purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Owned phone unlocked directly from Back Market, then can I take it to a Boost Mobile store to be activated and added to my current plan? Or, is my only choice to purchase the phone through Boost Mobile if I want to use it with Boost Mobile?
Highlighted
Agent

We cannot guarantee the functionality of an unlocked phone within our networks, but based on the information we have, there are some devices that tend to work properly most of the times. For example, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, if purchased directly from Samsung, not carrier specific, has worked with our company most of the times.  However, we've had no luck if the phone comes from another company. If you have the phone, we could give it a try, but you'll need to purchase a SIM Card for unlocked phones at one of our Boost Mobile stores, @sisko 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks. On the Boost Mobile website, it says that the Note 8 Refurbished that Boost is selling comes from Back Market. Boost Mobile provides a link to Back Market. I went to that site, and it appears to me that they are refurbishing the Note 8 specifically under a license from Samsung. So, when I say I am purchasing the phone from Back Market and you say the phone has to be purchased from Samsung, we are talking about the same source. Correct? The Back Market Note 8 Refurbished is the phone advertised by Boost Mobile. Correct?

Regards

Highlighted
Accomplice

Oh no! They went silent. Should I read something into the silence?

Highlighted
Agent

@sisko: You should be able to activate it as long as the phone was unlocked by Samsung instead of another carrier. Regarding the link that you're referring to, when you go to check out the pre-owned phone, it doesn't show any link to the website that you're referring to since we don't use 3rd parties purchases.