Unlocked phones - sim card invalid!!!!

Unlocked phones - sim card invalid!!!!

Hi all, I have this two phones an iPhone 6s and galaxy s6 that I "successfully unlocked" by Boost or so I was told by many Boost Customerservice Rep.
Two weeks ago, I called Boost and asked for help unlocking both of my devices, and later during that week i call again to check and they told me the phone is unlock.
This week i want to insert the sim card in to make sure that it is in fact unlock. I called 3 times in total, the first two rep told me that the phone was in fact unlocked and all I have to do is call the new carrier and ask to activate it. This is where I was confused because in my experience, i never have to call new carrier customer service to activate the phone, all I need was to insert an Activated Sim Card.
So the third time I called, this rep explained to me that possibly because my service is still with Boost and when I insert the sim card in it conflict with the antenna, which seem like a possible explanation so I went ahead and switch my galaxy s6 service to a new phone. Yet, after that switch I insert the new carrier sim card in and it still showed invalid sim card.
I have no idea how to pursue this now, I tried to look up online , apparently I need to update PRL, UICC, on my s6 but when I try to do that it give me error. Which I think is not available because the service is no longer there. But shouldn't the UCII update automatically? It didn't do that automatically while my s6 was in service.
I don't know what else to do now. Can someone help me check this please. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unlocked phones - sim card invalid!!!!

Hey there, jawlinepings! As each carrier has their own way of activating devices. Plus yours will be a bring your own device, is best to contact your new carrier to make sure they are able to activate your device.

Highlighted
Groupie

Re: Unlocked phones - sim card invalid!!!!

@jawlinepings wrote:

Hi all, I have this two phones an iPhone 6s and galaxy s6 that I "successfully unlocked" by Boost or so I was told by many Boost Customerservice Rep.
Two weeks ago, I called Boost and asked for help unlocking both of my devices, and later during that week i call again to check and they told me the phone is unlock.
This week i want to insert the sim card in to make sure that it is in fact unlock. I called 3 times in total, the first two rep told me that the phone was in fact unlocked and all I have to do is call the new carrier and ask to activate it. This is where I was confused because in my experience, i never have to call new carrier customer service to activate the phone, all I need was to insert an Activated Sim Card.
So the third time I called, this rep explained to me that possibly because my service is still with Boost and when I insert the sim card in it conflict with the antenna, which seem like a possible explanation so I went ahead and switch my galaxy s6 service to a new phone. Yet, after that switch I insert the new carrier sim card in and it still showed invalid sim card.
I have no idea how to pursue this now, I tried to look up online , apparently I need to update PRL, UICC, on my s6 but when I try to do that it give me error. Which I think is not available because the service is no longer there. But shouldn't the UCII update automatically? It didn't do that automatically while my s6 was in service.
I don't know what else to do now. Can someone help me check this please. Thank you!

that's what i commonly hear from other of my samsung user friends.