Unlocked Sprint Samsung Galaxy s7 edge

Go to solution
Groupie

Re: Unlocked Sprint Samsung Galaxy s7 edge

I just recently activated a S7 Edge on boost. But for some reason I didn't get the correct APN for my area and when I try to add a new APN it won't let me. It just asks for MSL. I have tried the prl update. I've tried the profile update. Ive even tried the data reset. Still asks for MSL. Can anyone help with this by chance?
Agent

Hi there Brianmagoon. All network settings should happen automatically when the device is programed the first time. Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings

2. Turn of Wi-Fi

3. Mobile Data on

4. On your dial pad press ##72786#

5. Press yes or ok to whatever you see there. Your device may turn off and on at least twice. The whole process should not take more than 6 minutes give or take. Let me know how that worked out.

Groupie

Still same results. Still asks for MSL

It's kind of a crap shoot but MSL 000000 will sometimes work. Otherwise you will just have to find a knowledgeable boost rep who can supply you with the correct msl for your device.

For the benefit of others,

An MSL is a 6-digit code unique to your CDMA device that's necessary to access some of your handset's deeper functions, such as wiping a phone number or manually programming in a new one. GSM devices do not have MSL code.

Groupie

Yeah I've had this problem for awhile. I am missing 4g pans no matter how many resets I do or data refresh. Calling has got me nowhere and so far nothing on here either. Every time I call about it they go off in a direction that I'm not trying to go. They act like that 6 digit number is the nuclear war codes or something lol. I know what the code does. I know the menus it opens and I know what I need in those menus but they try to treat you like you don't know what your talking about. Gets really aggravating when the phone belongs to me. Not boost.

@Brianmagoon Hi. Could you send us a private message with the phone number and PIN to further investigate? - E.J.

Groupie

Sent pm

@Brianmagoon Gotha! - E.J.

Groupie

I've spoke with at least 10 different customer care reps/tech support and brought the phone (purchased from boostmobile.com) to a few boost mobile stores and no one could figure out why my Pre Owned Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge could not connect to the network.

I mentioned once with a customer care rep that the sim card said sprint on it. He said that the previous owner must have used the phone with sprint and that it was not the right sim card. Although they sent me a new one via Fed EX, apart from the 20 digit number it was the same as the one that came pre installed. I brought it over to a Boost Mobile store and they said it's the same sim cards they sell.

I've tried all the trouble shooting measures provided from boost mobile and I was never able to connect to the network (No data/LTE connection). I had to cancel my account and am currently waiting on a refund.

This is by far the worst experience I've had with purchasing a phone/service from a cell carrier. I hope this phone will work with another network. If not I really hope Boost Mobile can help replace the phone via the 90 day warranty.
Accomplice

That's funny. I tried and was told no and nobody would activate it