Unlocked Samsung S8

Go to solution

Unlocked Samsung S8

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8, is it eligible for the BYOD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Unlocked Samsung S8

Yes, the factory unlocked or Open Market version of the S8 is compatible with Boost Mobile.  

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

26 REPLIES 26
Agent

Hey there, @jzam! Click here https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?INTNAV=TopNavRobot FrustratedhopBYOP to check if your device is eligible to activate on Boost Mobile. If you have any other question or concern, feel free to reply.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Yes, the factory unlocked or Open Market version of the S8 is compatible with Boost Mobile.  

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Enthusiast

I just want to make sure this information is right. Months ago this question was asked and the replies where no. On the BYOD list the Galaxy S8 is not listed
Enthusiast

I just want to make sure this information is right. Months ago this question was asked and the replies where no. On the BYOD list the Galaxy S8 is not listed
Agent

Hey there, @Jess11! Thanks for inquiring about our services. At this moment, we are able to activate the Samsung Galaxy S8 (G950U) If purchased directly from Samsung. It must be the unlocked version. Bear in mind that, you must visit your nearest Boost Store in order to get a SIM Kit that will allow you to activate this phone. This SIM Kit will have a cost of $10 plus taxes and in-store fees.

Groupie

Hello, 

I have been receiving conflicting reports regarding samsung galaxy s8 factory unlocked phone to boost mobile. 

When I call customer service, they say it is not compatible because it is not on the eligible list (as is shown on boostmobile website). However this thread shows that the factory unlocked samsung galaxy s8 is eligible.  How can I verify with a boost tech employee?

Agent

Hi there bcfgov. We do apologize for all the misunderstanding. Please allow us to clear this out. If the Samsung Galaxy S8 is OEM Unlock (Original Equipment Manufacturer), The phone would be compatible. If the phone is Carrier unlocked, it is not compatible. Victor21

So if I were to buy the phone on Amazon, could this one be done, or did you mean that I would have to purchase directly from the factory?
Agent

Yes, an OEM Unlocked from Amazon would do it, and if possible, test the IMEI number before purchasing the equipment.

EdwinRG