Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20+5G does not activate

Go to solution
Enthusiast

Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20+5G does not activate

After a week of being released, and the same phone being advertised in stores and online by Boost, my unlocked version will still not activate.

It will get to the point where it says it is activated then the device will restart.  After the restart a message pops up that the SIM data needs to update....then another restart.  This will repeat continuously.

Will this phone ever be able to be used?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20+5G does not activate

Hi, DarthMaleval. Unfortunately, not all unlocked devices are compatible with our network. We do advertise the phone, but the Boost Mobile version. It is not unlocked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, DarthMaleval. Unfortunately, not all unlocked devices are compatible with our network. We do advertise the phone, but the Boost Mobile version. It is not unlocked.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast

That's interesting as two separate reps in a Boost Mobile store typed in the number and said it would work (and they both talked to someone in support on the phone).  I also checked this information online (IMEI numbers, etc...) before I went to the store because it said it was compatible, including the correct SIM card.

If what you say is true, then your website and all of those employees have given me wrong information.