Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+

Accomplice

Re: Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+

I was told by 4 of your agents and 2 supervisors that if i purchase a UNLOCKED PHONE and get service with them the phone will be then carrier locked for a year with boost. Because i have a Note 8 that I purchase cash from Best Buy a year ago. And i wanted to do get the S10+ from BestBuy with the promotion that if you i return my old phone (Note 8) ill get 550 of the S10+. I was doing that today and they (best buy) were telling me that they can't take the phone because is carrier locked and that i need it to contact boost to get it unlocked. So i was mad because i purchase the phone unlocked. So i called and to make story short. I was told that i can't because i have to have service with boost for a year. Then they will unlocked my phone from there part.
Accomplice

And supposedly is a law with every carrier. But the funny thing is that we as customer don't get inform on that. So to all of you that purchase your new UNLOCKED S10 or S10+ from samsung or best buy and you connected it with boost, you'll are stuck with that phone for a year. And if you want to switch to AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon ETC. You would not be able.
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, Edwin1172! We're sorry to hear that you've been misinformed. When you activate an unlocked phone with us, it remains unlocked. We are actually unable to lock the phones that are originally unlocked. Some systems may show the phone as Boost Mobile if you are currently using it with us (attached to your account), but once the phone is not on your account there shouldn't be any issues activating with another carrier (assuming it is compatible with them). 

When it comes to the phones that we sell on our website and our stores, those are locked, as we do not sell unlocked phones. 

Accomplice

@Hamilton wrote:

For sure! You can purchase the unlocked version directly from Samsung, and activate it with Boost Mobile.

I went to my local Boost store and they told me they were not going to carry the S10 e and could not activate it either  if I purchased it elsewhere, so I went to Best Buy and bought an unlocked S10e and activated it with AT&T and its been a nightmare ever since. I was with Boost for quite some time and never had any issues. It's  ticking me off if I could've had it activated with Boost and I was told wrong!