Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+

Go to solution
Accomplice

Re: Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+

The sales rep opened up one right there when he called boost to activate it. They (Best Buy) said that they've always had issues with boost activating the high end phones but were able to work around it. Now Boost makes you actually give them the IMEA# to activate it (used to just have a list of compatible unlocked phones). So now you have to have the phone in your possesion (to get the imei#) before you can find out if its even compatible!? They say it's to see if the phones compatible but in actuality it is to verify if it was bought from them.
Enthusiast

I pre ordered the s10+ from Samsung unlocked, Not worried about all this commotion about them being able to support it or not because they have already announced they will be selling the s10e. Therefore they will activating all models for it, just like the other Galaxy S models. Boost never carried the s8+ you can activate it with them without issues same as the s9+ never carried it and same can be activated with Boost. So as long as they are supporting the S10e which is the cheapest and less competition against the motherboard (Sprint) they will support the other galaxy models even If they won't carry it. It just take them a little longer like last year with the s9.
Accomplice

I already have a S8+ on Boost(was originally on Sprint still the same card)Will the same card work in the S10+ when I get it? Or do I need a different SIM card?  Both phones take a nano SIM card so would think it is exactly the same.  If not I would like to know before I leave town where I work so I can pick the correct one up at Best Buy or a Boost store where I live doesn't have a store that would carry them.

Agent

Hey there, @Carfanatic! It is very likely that the SIM card does not work with the new Galaxy model. If you buy it on our website, you may get it with the SIM card. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I bought an unlocked from Samsung S10+ don't want and never will want a S10e

Agent

Oh, I see. Have you checked here on our website to see it is compatible? You can do that here

Accomplice

Shows compatible but no one on the phone or here seems to know which SIM card(s) can be used.

Agent

Hello Carfanatic. The Samsung S10 + is not officially accepted as BYO device yet. Any denouncement will be done here on the Community. 

Accomplice

If the unlocked s10 plus isnt eligible then why is boost shipping me a sim card for it
Agent

What happens is that any devices that are not on the list, we cannot guarantee that the service will fully work. The phone may be accepted by the system, but after a while, it may give issues with certain services that cannot be fixed, and which we cannot assure the troubleshooting steps will work to fix either.