Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+

Go to solution
Accomplice

Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+

If I buy a Samsung Galaxy S10+ from Samsung will I be able to use it on Boost Mobile?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Groupie

Re: Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+

SIMOLW416TQ is the sim card model you need.  

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Accomplice

Or if I purchase a Sprint branded one outright would that one work?.....It should work since its the same network...

Agent

No word on this yet, Carfanatic, but stay tuned to our site for updates on this.

Accomplice

I can answer that, NO! I tried that yesterday and Boost would not activate it. It was an unlocked sprint branded s8+ but because It wasn't sold by Boost they won't activate.
Highlighted
Accomplice

This is a Sprint branded 8+ that I am typing on using Boost so you should go back and get that fixed. You can see the list here on Boosts website. https://www5.boostmobile.com/#!/support/faq/phones-devices/activate-a-sprint-phone/
Accomplice

The point I was making is that they will only activate a phone bought from them. If you go and buy the same phone from Best Buy they will not activate it even though it's able to function on their Network. Best Buy is now looking into the issue because they were surprised that the phones that they have been advertising as working on the Boost network are now being refused activation by Boost.

If I want a new high-end phone without having to order and wait for shipping then I have to go to a different carrier because boost doesn't sell high-end phones in their stores.
Agent

Hi, Carfanatic. As long as the make and model is listed and was previously used in Sprint, it will be accepted.

Accomplice

I got my phone from Best Buy on launch day and took it to a Boost store once they listed it as usable from Sprint no problems at all. So no idea where your getting your info from.
Accomplice

I was at Best buy yesterday, salesman didn't believe me so he tried to call boost (which they've done a thousand times) and they wouldn't turn it on.

Accomplice

Not sure if this will help but did you buy a Boost Sim Card kit?  I purchased a S9+ (not from Boost plus a Boost Sim Card kit from Best Buy) and got my phone working on Boost.  So you don't have to buy a phone from them to have it working on the Boost network.