Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 from Best Buy

Go to solution
Groupie

Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 from Best Buy

Hello:

i bought my niece and nephew unlocked Galaxy S10 phones for Christmas and we have not been able to set them up on the Boost network.  They both currently have accounts and have the Galaxy S8, I believe.  When we take the SIM card from that phone to put in the new phone we get error message 407.  The Boost website says the phones should work on the Boost network.  Do we have to buy new SIM cards?  If so, how do I find out which one to buy?

thank you.

See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 from Best Buy

Hey there @semrgn Thanks for reaching out to us! You need to buy new SIM cards for these devices, since the ones you have are already attach to the Samsung Galaxy S8. You can buy those SIM cards at any Boost Mobile store. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @semrgn Thanks for reaching out to us! You need to buy new SIM cards for these devices, since the ones you have are already attach to the Samsung Galaxy S8. You can buy those SIM cards at any Boost Mobile store. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Groupie

Thank you - that is great news!  Do you know what kind of SIM card I need to buy?  The folks at my local Boost Mobile originally told me the phones won't work on the network but the Boost website says they do when I enter the device ID.  So, I'd rather be able to tell them what I need.  

Thank you!

Highlighted
Agent

@semrgn In this case we recommended you to order the SIM card online. Just enter the IMEI number on the Bring Your Own, and it will take you to order the SIM card.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Groupie

Thank you!  You have saved me so much trouble and money from having to find a new carrier for the kids' phones.

Thank you so much!!!