Unlocked Galaxy S10e (form samsung)- Sim Card Question

Groupie

Unlocked Galaxy S10e (form samsung)- Sim Card Question

Good morning!

I ordered a Galaxy S10e Unlocked directly from Samsung and it's coming in today.  I'm currently a Boost customer with a Galaxy S8.  Is it possible to use my existing SIM card (take out of Galaxy S8 and put into Galaxy S10e), or will I have to buy/order a new one just for the new Unlocked Galaxy S10e?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: Unlocked Galaxy S10e (form samsung)- Sim Card Question

Hi there! Thanks for your inquiry. You need to order a compatible SIM card. Please follow this link to do so:  https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone. Besides this, do you have any other question or concern?    

Groupie

Thanks for the quick reply!

I do not have the phone on me yet, it is on the truck being delivered today.  Is there anyway if you can tell me which compatible sim card I should order ahead of time?  I would like to order this now, or to find a store/BestBuy that has one in stock so I can pick it up on my way home.

So, the sim card in my Galaxy S8 cannot be used with the Galaxy S10e?

Thanks!

Agent

You need to have the phone first, since you will have to use the IMEI number. 

Accomplice

Were you able to use the SIM from your S8 in your S10e? I'm currently upgrading from an S8 to an S10 unlocked and was wondering the same thing.
Groupie

Na. I called customer service and was told that I needed a new sim card.  They offered to ship one for free and wave the activation fee from transferring phones.  They said I could have gone to a store and bought a sim but the store would charge me $10, plus, all of the stores in my local area didn't carry the sim that I needed!

Enthusiast

Where you able to find one?

Groupie

Hey there - Yep I was able to get a new sim card from boost customer service!  If you call them, they will ship you one for free, but if you go to a store they will charge you $9.99.  None of the stores around me had it, so I just waited 2 days and received my new card from Boots.  Activated in about 10-15 minutes and all was good to go!

Enthusiast

Odd question, was your s10e the 128gb or 256gb? I am wanting the bigger one but want to know it'll work before buying it.