Unlocked Galaxy S10 from Samsung.com

Accomplice

Unlocked Galaxy S10 from Samsung.com

Hello! I currently have a Boost branded Galaxy S8 and I preordered an unlocked S10 from Samsung.com (I don't want the S10e or I would have bought it from Boost directly). When I get the phone, can I take my Boost Mobile SIM card out of the S8 and pop it in the S10, or will I need to buy the SIM kit?

Or is this all just a waste of time and I should just return the phone when I get it? I've seen people say the unlocked S10 does work and others say it doesn't.
12 REPLIES 12
Accomplice

Re: Unlocked Galaxy S10 from Samsung.com

On BestBuy the unlocked s10 description says it would work with all carriers and boost mobile is on that list of carriers so yes it is compatible but i dont know if boost mobile themselves would activate it.

Agent

Hi there! Thanks for your inquiry. You need to order a compatible SIM card. Please follow this link to do so:  https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone. Besides this, do you have any other question or concern?  

Accomplice

That's all! So as long as I purchase the correct compatible SIM, the phone will work with Boost?

Agent

Hello there. We do not have an confirmation that any of the new Samsung S10 series can be BYOD. Any official announcement will be made in regards to this. 

Enthusiast

Hello all. As long you have a new sim card from sprint. You will be able to activate galaxy s10. My got activated in 5 minutes. Is galaxy 10s.
Accomplice

Where did you buy the new SIM from? I see Best Buy has them, just wanna make sure they'll work before I buy one.
Accomplice

Wondering the same thing
Enthusiast

My came with my phone. But you can always pick up one at any sprint store
Accomplice

You got the unlocked S10?