Unlocked Galaxy S10 from Samsung.com

Highlighted
Accomplice

Unlocked Galaxy S10 from Samsung.com

Hello! I currently have a Boost branded Galaxy S8 and I preordered an unlocked S10 from Samsung.com (I don't want the S10e or I would have bought it from Boost directly). When I get the phone, can I take my Boost Mobile SIM card out of the S8 and pop it in the S10, or will I need to buy the SIM kit?

Or is this all just a waste of time and I should just return the phone when I get it? I've seen people say the unlocked S10 does work and others say it doesn't.
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Accomplice

Did you purchase an unlocked version? Or the sprint version?
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hey there how did you get to activating the device? I have the right sprint sim card now what's the next step? Thanks !
Highlighted
Accomplice

Just go here and enter the info https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone
Highlighted
Enthusiast

On the s10 did all your features work on boost such as wifi calling, messaging, etc.?
Highlighted
Accomplice

Wifi calling is disabled. Everything else works perfectly
Highlighted
Accomplice

I suggest to everyone as long as your phone is paid for and not a made for Boost phone switch to Sprint Kickstart $25 a month plus taxes and fees with auto-pay and you get wi-fi calling and 3g/4g Wifi calling which means you finally get a feature back they haven't had since the S3 I think it was where you can talk on the phone and still use your internet connection.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Kickstart pricing is only good for a limited time. According to Sprint.......After 1/31/2021 pay $60/mo for line 1, $40/mo for line 2 and $20/mo/line for lines 3-5. with AutoPay. Data deprioritization during congestion. Other mo. charges apply.** not worth it since I am grandfathered in with Boost for cheaper pricing