Unlock used Galaxy S7 locked to Sprint,Sprint says its a Boost phone. Not a Boost or Sprint Customer

Unlock used Galaxy S7 locked to Sprint,Sprint says its a Boost phone. Not a Boost or Sprint Customer

I bought a used Galaxy S7. I am NOT a Sprint or Boost customer.  I am a T-Mobile customer. I contacted sprint and they said that the phone was a boost phone. The phone came with a Sprint sim card (It has a phone number associated with it and a Sprint username, but it can't make calls or use data) When I start up the phone there is a Sprint Startup Screen. When I go to Settings > Software Updates, under UICC Unlock its says "Your device is locked to Sprint SIMs only" and when I click UICC Unlock it says "Error, The profile update could not be completed. Please try again later. Error: Internal Error (407)" I have the previous owner's name. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great! 

1 REPLY 1
Accomplice

Re: Unlock used Galaxy S7 locked to Sprint,Sprint says its a Boost phone. Not a Boost or Sprint Cust

Ok to go about removing the old account from the phone you would have to call boost Mobile customer care and ask that they remove the account that was tied to it since you purchased it, I get it that you're trying to use the device for yourself now after removing the account it should be eligible to be activated on both sprint and boost Mobile granted there aren't any outstanding balances owed on the device, in that case I'd think the device would be useless until the pending balance is paid off. Now to have the device unlocked for another carrier it would have to meet specific policy requirements that boost Mobile have in place something along the lines of the device needs to be activated on boost Mobile for 12 months and no balances due to request a uicc unlock. From my understanding Sprint is a little more lenient with there unlock policy as they only request that the device be paid off and activated with there services for 60 days before requesting a uicc unlock. A uicc unlock is needed on the device to be able to use it with another carrier that's not sprint or boost Mobile. Hope that helps 👍🏽