Unlock My Phone

Highlighted
Groupie

Unlock My Phone

I’ve contacted BoostMobile to help me unlock my phone multiple times. I was told that my phone was unlocked but when I went to see if it was unlocked so I can use a different SIM card with it, the UICC states that it was still locked to the Sprint network and that I should tried contacting my service provider and I tried using a different SIM card and it didn’t work. I called Boostmobile again to help unlock my phone and all I was told was that it indeed was unlocked and that I have to call the other service provider and that Boostmobile can no longer help me. Can you please just help me unlock my phone again? Thank you!
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, neva3! Upon notification of the unlock ensure that the Sprint SIM remains in the device, and perform an Update Data Profile. For inactive devices, this function should be performed within 14 days of the notification. All Android devices, must have the Sprint SIM inserted to receive the unlock instruction.
We do not make any guarantees as to a device's performance on another carrier's network or that any or all device features or functions will be fully or partially operational.

Highlighted
Groupie

Hi, thanks for your help. I update my profile and I again check the UICC and it still states that it’s lock to the Sprint network. Would I be able to just redo the whole unlock process again since I’m wondering if I could have given them the wrong IMEI. I was never given a notification that my phone was unlocked, I had to use the online chat with an agent to confirm that my device was unlock through my case number.
Highlighted
Groupie

Hi, thanks for your help. I update my profile and I again check the UICC and it still states that it’s lock to the Sprint network. Would I be able to just redo the whole unlock process again since I’m wondering if I could have given them the wrong IMEI. I was never given a notification that my phone was unlocked, I had to use the online chat with an agent to confirm that my device was unlock through my case number.
Highlighted
Agent

Please send us a private message with the IMEI, phone number and pin code.

Highlighted
Groupie

Hello, I used to be a Boost mobile customer and had Boost unlock my phone. They state the phone is unlocked but when I go to Settings > Software Updates, under UICC Unlock its says "Your device is locked to Sprint SIMs only" and when I click UICC Unlock it says "Error, The profile update could not be completed. Please try again later. Error: Internal Error (407)"
Can I please have assistance?
Highlighted

Hmm – that doesn’t sound right. Let’s take a closer look! Please send me a private message with the phone number, PIN number and IMEI associated to the device in question.

Highlighted

Hello, I called yesterday to have my daughter's phone unlocked. The lady said she sent in the request for it. How do I know when I goes through? I've been trying to update the UICC unlock but it won't do anything. It's now saying previous DM session is working now, please try again later. Help? What are the next steps to try to see if the unlocked worked?
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, jadehersley1993. It may take 3-5 days. You can contact us or customer care for an update on the case status. If an email was added to the case, you should also receive an email.

Highlighted

How will I know when it unlocks?