Unable to send texts or initiate calls

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to send texts or initiate calls

This can probably apply to other phones too.  Phone is the Note 9.

As of today (1/3/19), I've been unable to send texts let alone call anyone (as I found out a few mins ago) . My texts don't send, and there's an error on the text itself to accompany it. If I call someone, it's silence as I wait for it to dial only to be hung up on due to this silence. I've only been able to get 2 bars most of the time, and even then usually texting and calling works. I've tried to reboot the phone and then reset it to factory condition to see if it'd solve the problem but nothing. I'm very much sure now it's not my phone. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem, as I don't recall this happening to me. I also figure that the network may be down today but still.

Would have called tech support/customer service through a text+call app but given my own anxiety, it's kind of hard to pull that off. I really just want to know what's going on. I realize Boost Mobile runs on Sprint's towers, and my partner isn't able to really send texts either and he's on Sprint. Well, he was able to send some probably up until a point in the noon or afternoon. It's starting to get frustrating, and I'm at my wit's end. I really want to know any solutions/explanations and if anyone else is experiencing this with their phones. Samsung or not. 

To clarify, I can use my phone's data, but for whatever reason I can't text or call anyone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for letting us know. We got the private message. We'll continue to assist you in private. 

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @707! Thanks for contacting us. We will need to take a deeper look at this situation. Please provided us with your current nearest cross street address and zip code where this occurs. We'd like to check if there's an outage affecting the service. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for the response! 

I sent you a private message that contains this information.

Highlighted
Agent

Thanks, @707! According to our system, there's an outage that is currently affecting your area. Our technicians are already engaged and working to fix it ASAP. As of now, we don't have an estimated time of resolution. 

Highlighted
Groupie

I cant make or receive phone calls and I cant send text messages or receive them..
Please help asap!!
Highlighted
Groupie

Highlighted
Accomplice

I paid for my month today and I'm still not allowed to call or text out.
Highlighted
Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, Krp666. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm having the same issue. Boost please fix or reimburse me.
Highlighted
Accomplice

How do I send a private message?