Unable to activate S20 bought from Boost

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Unable to activate S20 bought from Boost

I'm getting a "something went wrong. Try again later." error message when trying to activate a Galaxy S20 I bought through BoostUP. I've inserted the SIM card provided in the packaging and followed the given instructions. No errors for IMEI or ICCID numbers I have. Please advise.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accomplice

Just to update everyone, I had to go to the store to activate my phone. Tech on here said I'd have to split up my family plan because phones can't be on different networks. This was not the case, though I did try to get my wife's Boost iPhone 11 Pro on the extended network and they said it wasnt compatible. Of course the newest iPhone wouldn't be compatible with the newest network because that's how Boost rolls.

So after failing her activation and having to reactivate the other SIM, we are both activated, on different coverage networks and still on the same family plan.

When in doubt, go to the stores. They're generally more knowledgeable than Boost's own support, which is sad yet expected.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there griff17matt. Thank you for -contacting us. Please send us a private message so we could look further into your account. victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

Just to update everyone, I had to go to the store to activate my phone. Tech on here said I'd have to split up my family plan because phones can't be on different networks. This was not the case, though I did try to get my wife's Boost iPhone 11 Pro on the extended network and they said it wasnt compatible. Of course the newest iPhone wouldn't be compatible with the newest network because that's how Boost rolls.

So after failing her activation and having to reactivate the other SIM, we are both activated, on different coverage networks and still on the same family plan.

When in doubt, go to the stores. They're generally more knowledgeable than Boost's own support, which is sad yet expected.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I purchased an unlocked S20 5G from Best Buy, was told it was compatible with Boost Mobile and when I called to activate the phone based on "IEM" number I was told that it couldn't be activated.  So I had to return the phone.  Now I have to shop a new provider as Boost is sold out of S20 phone and only carries black.  I prefer a n alternate color (blue).  Sorry Boost but because you are incompatible with unlocked versions of this phone you will lose my business.

Highlighted
Agent

Good day @Trish60. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for the detailed feedback! We’ll be sure to pass it on. Let us know, if you have any other questions or concerns. 

~ Joy P.