Unable to Open MMS

Accomplice

Unable to Open MMS

Starting yesterday or the day before my phone has stopped being able to receive MMS including images and group messages. I will just get an icon that says "Tap to Download" and when I click it, it says "Downloading" for a second then just reverts back.

I checked all the settings and made sure the phone is fully updated and have done a soft reset twice. I have not changed anything in my setting or plan to make this occur.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: Unable to Open MMS

Hello there triciahenry91. I am sorry about that. Without your WiFi on, can you access the web just using Mobile data? 

Accomplice

Yes, I can use my mobile data for other things (google, facebook, etc)

Agent

I see. Please ensure you have enough storage on your phone. You can start by deleting as many text as possible from your phone. Conversely, Mobile data must be on when sending or receiving MMS. By the way, are you able to send those, MMS?

Accomplice

I just checked the storage on my phone and it says I have 8.9GB available. I just tried to send a photo to someone and it says "Not Sent. Tap to try again."

Agent

What type of phone you have there? Also as a test, let say go to YouTube, can you play a video? As before, do not turn on WiFi. 

Accomplice

I just went through and deleted all my archived message and 20 additional conversations and still not able to open the recently send MMS. Yes, i can use data to open and watch a youtube video. All other functions are working just fine.

Accomplice

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7

Accomplice

I just tried to do another soft reset after clearing the archive and it appears to now be working. I was able to download the MMS and send a MMS. Thanks!

Agent

Excellent. As a reminder, your phone has a limitation of how many messages can be store at any given time. But I am glad is working now.