Trying to transfer from s7 to s9, encountering issues.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Trying to transfer from s7 to s9, encountering issues.

I cannot activate my new phone. At first I moved the sim card over and it said I couldn't do it, so I went online to activate the phone. I went to Support > Devices > Phone Activation , followed the link to activate it, chose "Existing Customer" to swap devices, gave the IMEI of the new phone, and gave the ICCID of the sim card. When I try to continue I get the message "We had trouble processing your ICCID. Please try again." I cannot get passed this.

See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Yes, you can use the phone and keep your current number. You just need a compatible SIM card for that phone. Please know that getting a compatible SIM for your phone doesn't give you a new number. We want to take a look at this. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! You must use the SIM card that was included with the new phone. Please try the same process again with the new SIM card. Let us know if the issue persists after that.

Highlighted
Groupie

Phone is not new, it is refurbished. Is there any way to use this new phone and keep my old number?

Agent

Yes, you can use the phone and keep your current number. You just need a compatible SIM card for that phone. Please know that getting a compatible SIM for your phone doesn't give you a new number. We want to take a look at this. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

View solution in original post