Trouble activating Samsung Galaxy A20 purchased at Walmart in Boost Mobile box

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Trouble activating Samsung Galaxy A20 purchased at Walmart in Boost Mobile box

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy A20 at Walmart, sold as a Boost Mobile prepaid phone  (in the traditional bright orange box, with all of the Boost Mobile information all over it). When I tried to swap my existing Boost service to the new phone, I received a message that said 'Device is not eligible'. I'm assuming Boost would not package and sell a phone that was not eligible to be used. How can this be fixed?

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Agent

Hello. Please send us a private message so we can take a closer look. 

Highlighted

I am having the exact same issue. I purchased it at Walmart. Thought it was the phone so i exchanged it with another one and still have the same issue.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @sigmaxa51. Sorry to hear that. Let's take a closer look. To assist you further, please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI and SIM card numbers from the new phone.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted

Same issue. Really annoyed with this issue but glad im not the only one!

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @AutumnVDB. Sorry to hear that. Let's take a closer look. To assist you further, please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI and SIM card numbers from the new phone.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I'm having the same problem! Also exchanged the phone with no luck!
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Same thing happened to me..."Device is not eligible"..I tried to contact tech support in my Boost app and they told me that it wasnt scanned correctly at checkout...so I returned it and got another one. And it did the same thing...saying that my device is not eligible.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

After a long chat with Boost Customer Service I was told that the Walmart employee who had checked me out had not scanned my phone correctly. When I went to exchange it, someone at our local Walmart told me that this had happened with EVERY SINGLE BOOST PHONE THEY'VE SOLD IN THE PAST WEEK. Money in pocket, shopping for a new carrier. I'm done with Boost. And Sprint. I feel lied to, used, and abused.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

PSA for everyone having this problem!
Here's the deal when you finally talk to someone rather it be on here or on the phone with customer service, they are all going to tell you the same exact thing. Which is to go back to walmart and have them re-do it, which if you're like me you already have (a few times, even exchanged for a new phone) and it's still not going to work! And boost mobile people can do Nothing to help you! I'm not sure rather it's a flaw on boost mobiles side or on Walmarts but it NEEDS FIXED!! So save yourself the trouble and your time, take your phone back to walmart and get your money back! Then either A. Go to a boost mobile retail store and purchase the phone from them (That's what I'm doing, it's a few dollars more but not too much) or B. Get a different phone with a different carrier. Hope this helps!