Text messaging issues after system update Samsung J3 Achieve

Highlighted
Groupie

Text messaging issues after system update Samsung J3 Achieve

This has been an ongoing issue ever since I allowed my one month activated J3 Achieve phone to undergo the latest system upgrade a couple weeks ago.  Every single day I have to restart the phone in order to send and receive text messages.  Sometimes once a day, sometimes several.  If I do not restart every single day, text messages will list as sent but won't send, and I will get nothing in terms of replies.  Half the time the messages won't send.  Not sure what's going on with this thing but my older J3 Emerge never had this issue nor does it seem to have the issue of poor reception to the network (not that that means anything as it's currently not activated at the moment).  I have had this Achieve for about 4 months and only activated it when I paid my bill back the beginning of August.  Up until I ran the system update 2 weeks ago, I had no messaging issues from the time it was activated.  As I said above, the minute I ran the system update, everything started going screwy with the messaging.

Restarting only works for a day.  Full power off and back on again doesn't work either.  Removing battery doesn't help.  I'm not going to do a full system restore unless absolutely necessary, and I don't think that will work either.  This seems to be a serious bug in the system update.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  If this problem continues, the phone is going to become another of my expensive paperweights and I'm going to downgrade back to my Emerge.

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Text messaging issues after system update Samsung J3 Achieve

So sorry to hear that, firefox88z28. Let's check this thing out. Just to confirm, have you received an error regarding the SIM card? Have you tried removing the battery while the handset is turned on?

Groupie

No system errors.  Especially regarding the SIM card.  I have not removed the battery while powered on (seems like that would do something undesireable but maybe that's just my way of thinking talking?).

Agent

Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, and address to check the network performance.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Groupie

PM sent

Agent

Thanks. We've replied to your private message. Please check your inbox.