Still no android 9.0 (pie) update on Note 8

Accomplice

Still no android 9.0 (pie) update on Note 8

So after this vicious run around can anyone tell me when I can expect the android one Ui update on my note 8?

Boost says it's the manufacturers responsibility.
Samsung says it's the carriers job to push the update through.

And yet for some reason Best Buy says they can update it. Problem is they are over an hour away and I find it a hassle to have to travel to get the update when it should be ready OTA.

Other boost devices already have it. So what's the big hold up???
3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Still no android 9.0 (pie) update on Note 8

Hey Copperkid82. Thanks for contacting us. The Samsung One update is currently rolling out on Sprint, and since it is going out in batches, not all devices will be getting the update at the same time. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific time frame to tell you when Boost Mobile will start getting the update. If you haven’t received the update yet, we'd recommend to keep checking, it will be delivered OTA. Installing it through a PC is also an option, however, we are unable to do it that way, since it is a more complicated procedure and may damage the phone if you do not know what you are doing. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Accomplice

So do you think it will be released by this month? I read somewhere it was supposed to have been out last month but has been pushed back.

I'm still unsure how an update that's out you guys can't send OTA but Best Buy is able to update it for me on the spot?
Agent

We can tell almost for sure that they may be able to update it because they will do it via the PC, which is not the conventional way (and it is more complicated, and it must be done by someone that knows what they are doing, or the phone may be damaged/bricked). Unfortunately, we are not able to tell you the specific date of the release. We are just waiting for it to be released soon. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25