Start here for Samsung Galaxy S9/9+ FAQS

Highlighted
Community Manager

Start here for Samsung Galaxy S9/9+ FAQS

We've compiled a few of the more common questions asked about the new Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+

Have another question? Feel free to ask it here!

Moderators and message board managers may move questions and comments that have been addressed as well as off topic comments/complaints to another location.  Doing so helps us keep this thread clean and easy to read for others.

Q: Will Boost Mobile be carrying the Samsung Galaxy S9?

A: Yes!  Starting March 16, 2018 customers can order a Samsung Galaxy S9 from BoostMobile.com

Q: What color will Boost Mobile carry?

A: Boost Mobile will carry the Samsung Galaxy S9 in black.  Customers may be able to purchase and activate a Galaxy S9 Special Edition (factory unlocked) version in another color and activate it on Boost after 3/16/18.  Once you've received your device, you may contact Boost Mobile for assistance with activation.

Q: Will Boost Mobile carry the Samsung Galaxy S9+?

A:  We won't carry the Galaxy S9+ at launch, however, customers can purchase and activate a Special Edition (factory unlocked) S9+ from Samsung and activate it on Boost.  Once you receive the unlocked device, you may contact Boost Mobile to obtain a compatible SIM, order one from our Bring Your Phone page, visit a Boost location, or selected Walmart, Target and Best Buy locations.

Q:  Can I buy a Samsung Galaxy S9 on payments?

A:  Eligible customers may be able to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S9 through BoostUP!  This program allows qualified customers to purchase a device on installments.  Get more information about BoostUP on our support page.  Samsung also has an installment purchase program for qualified buyers on their website.

Q: Can an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+ add the Todo Mexico(International Roaming) Addon?

A:  Updated:  No, unfortunately, unlocked/BYOD devices are not eligible for the Todo Mexico Addon.  You can add International Dialing and Texting in order to make calls and send SMS from the US to customers in other countries.  Great news, Boost Fam!  Unlocked or Special Edition versions of the S9 and S9+ will have access to Todo Mexico addon giving you roaming permissions while in Mexico!

Orders are not yet being accepted for the Samsung Galaxy S9. These FAQs will apply once we have begun accepting orders on 3/16/18

Q:  I tried ordering a new phone but I'm getting a message about my shipping address, what's going on?

A:  Your account billing address must match the shipping address of your order as well as the billing address of your credit card in order to complete an order.

Q:  I selected expedited shipping for my order.  Does that mean I'm guaranteed to get the phone tomorrow?

A:  Expedited shipping allows us to send your phone to you by the fastest carrier method available.  Before that can happen, though, the order does have to go through several verification steps.  For this reason, we're not able to guarantee a device will be received on a specific date.

Q: How can I track my order?

A:  Once you've successfully ordered your phone, you can track it's progress on our Order Support page

Q:  If you run out of phones will you be able to tell me when you are going to get more?

A:  Unfortunately, we're not notified when new inventory arrives. For best results, keep checking the Shop section of BoostMobile.com or contact your local Boost Mobile store.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

68 REPLIES 68
Highlighted
Accomplice

who can I talk to at boost to get service on a Unlocked s9 model #SM-G960U1? I have been run around 3 times ! Last time I ended up on the line with somebody from Samsung ! How did you guys get it done ? At my wits end Thanks
Highlighted
Accomplice

Follow sim card package instructions and that's it
Highlighted
Accomplice

I am calling boost direct ? What model sim I have the bring your own phone 3 pack. Live person saying it can't be done
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hi

I bought my s9+ Unlocked from Samsung.com and I have been able to activated with boost mobile.

First, you will need a SIM Card for your s9+, you can't use your old SIM. from your old phone. You can by a boost mobile SIM Card at this like  Bring Your Phone page.

Once you have your SIM Card, just go to active my phone on boost mobile.com and fallow the directions.

let me know if you will need anymore help.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Greetings @HarleyDog103B@abdoul and @neosiris have given you a good start (thanks guys!).  You should be able to activate from that Bring Your Phone page.  If you have trouble, let us know and an agent here on Community can assist.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I would like to thanks everyone who offered guidance ! You were a great help I finally  got it ! Thanks again 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hi Guys, can anyone tell me the cost of getting the sim for the S9+ ?? I'm still a bit skeptical to commit to it? Thanks

Highlighted
Accomplice

10 bucks
Accomplice

@neosirisThanks, I will be going for broke in the next few days. Thank you all for your assistance!!!!

Highlighted
Accomplice

I bought mi 3 sim card activation kit at target and my wife got hers at bestbuy; both worked. Yeah, I will have to limit my food intake for the next 2 months lol jk