Start here for Samsung Galaxy S9/9+ FAQS

Community Manager

Start here for Samsung Galaxy S9/9+ FAQS

We've compiled a few of the more common questions asked about the new Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+

Have another question? Feel free to ask it here!

Moderators and message board managers may move questions and comments that have been addressed as well as off topic comments/complaints to another location.  Doing so helps us keep this thread clean and easy to read for others.

Q: Will Boost Mobile be carrying the Samsung Galaxy S9?

A: Yes!  Starting March 16, 2018 customers can order a Samsung Galaxy S9 from BoostMobile.com

Q: What color will Boost Mobile carry?

A: Boost Mobile will carry the Samsung Galaxy S9 in black.  Customers may be able to purchase and activate a Galaxy S9 Special Edition (factory unlocked) version in another color and activate it on Boost after 3/16/18.  Once you've received your device, you may contact Boost Mobile for assistance with activation.

Q: Will Boost Mobile carry the Samsung Galaxy S9+?

A:  We won't carry the Galaxy S9+ at launch, however, customers can purchase and activate a Special Edition (factory unlocked) S9+ from Samsung and activate it on Boost.  Once you receive the unlocked device, you may contact Boost Mobile to obtain a compatible SIM, order one from our Bring Your Phone page, visit a Boost location, or selected Walmart, Target and Best Buy locations.

Q:  Can I buy a Samsung Galaxy S9 on payments?

A:  Eligible customers may be able to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S9 through BoostUP!  This program allows qualified customers to purchase a device on installments.  Get more information about BoostUP on our support page.  Samsung also has an installment purchase program for qualified buyers on their website.

Q: Can an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+ add the Todo Mexico(International Roaming) Addon?

A:  Updated:  No, unfortunately, unlocked/BYOD devices are not eligible for the Todo Mexico Addon.  You can add International Dialing and Texting in order to make calls and send SMS from the US to customers in other countries.  Great news, Boost Fam!  Unlocked or Special Edition versions of the S9 and S9+ will have access to Todo Mexico addon giving you roaming permissions while in Mexico!

Orders are not yet being accepted for the Samsung Galaxy S9. These FAQs will apply once we have begun accepting orders on 3/16/18

Q:  I tried ordering a new phone but I'm getting a message about my shipping address, what's going on?

A:  Your account billing address must match the shipping address of your order as well as the billing address of your credit card in order to complete an order.

Q:  I selected expedited shipping for my order.  Does that mean I'm guaranteed to get the phone tomorrow?

A:  Expedited shipping allows us to send your phone to you by the fastest carrier method available.  Before that can happen, though, the order does have to go through several verification steps.  For this reason, we're not able to guarantee a device will be received on a specific date.

Q: How can I track my order?

A:  Once you've successfully ordered your phone, you can track it's progress on our Order Support page

Q:  If you run out of phones will you be able to tell me when you are going to get more?

A:  Unfortunately, we're not notified when new inventory arrives. For best results, keep checking the Shop section of BoostMobile.com or contact your local Boost Mobile store.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

66 REPLIES 66
Accomplice

Re: Start here for Samsung Galaxy S9/9+ FAQS

So I called the boost mobile st ores around my house to ask if I will be able to connect the galaxy s9 plus and there all telling me no who should I believe?
Community Manager

Hey @Jazz11 I honestly can't speak for the training and information that an individual store employee may have.  I'm a corporate Boost employee.  Those stores may not support the device as each store is independently owned and operated.  If that happens, feel free to reach out to an agent here on Community once you have the device in hand, they may be able to provide some assistance.

Community Manager

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Accomplice

Thank you so much one final question. Is the special edition / factory unlocked galaxy is the one that is sold through Samsung the one that is sold unlocked
Community Manager

Yes, I'm referring to the factory unlocked version.

Community Manager

Accomplice

I received the 9+ unlocked version and I was unable to activate it. They are saying that I need to buy a new sim card but they don't know when will it be available.... do you have any information on that?
Accomplice

People were saying you had to wait till the 16th to activate the galaxy s9 or s9 plus
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I just called customer service and they said about 15 minutes ago that there are no SIM cards for the S9 phone.  I have one phone on boost and need to add my new Samsung UNLOCKED S9 phone.  When are SIM cards going be available?   This posting says the phone are going be sold tomorrow.  Are the SIM cards available or when are they going be available?

Community Manager

I've verified the information a couple of times, gang.  Because the phones aren't available until tomorrow, I would anticipate that the SIMs won't be available until that point either.  I'll check in on it in the morning and update this thread if something changes.

Community Manager

Accomplice

I'm seeing on other posts that there are no sims and it it's 3/16. This is really bad as I just switched to Boost Mobile and will have to look for another carrier if sims aren't available for the unlocked 9+.