Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S9+ (G965U) 4/17/2019

Community Manager

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S9+ (G965U) 4/17/2019

Samsung - Galaxy S9+ (G965U)

Software Version: G965USQS4CSC8
Release Date: 4/17/2019
Method: Available OTA


Fixes:

Android security patch level April 2019

6 REPLIES 6
Accomplice

Your post regarding the gs9 plus

Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Samsung - Galaxy S9+ (G965U)

Software Version:G965USQS4CSC8
Release Date:4/17/2019
Method:Available OTA


Fixes:

Android security patch level April 2019


Since there is an update for the 9 plus and this is a Boost forum, I take it then that Boost will activate an unlocked 9 plus bought from Samsung. Is this correct?  All I've found about this are post that are a year old and the answer was "they should be able" to activate a 9 plus. This was deemed as a solution and "should be able" is not a confirmed solution. Is it a diffinite YES?

Community Manager

Re: Your post regarding the gs9 plus

Yes on Boost, a Samsung Galaxy S9 purchase from Boost and a Samsung Galaxy S9 SE Open Market purchased directly from Samsung can be activated.  An S9 unlocked by another carrier cannot be activated.

 


@goodole1 wrote:
Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Samsung - Galaxy S9+ (G965U)

Software Version: G965USQS4CSC8
Release Date: 4/17/2019
Method: Available OTA


Fixes:

Android security patch level April 2019


Since there is an update for the 9 plus and this is a Boost forum, I take it then that Boost will activate an unlocked 9 plus bought from Samsung. Is this correct?  All I've found about this are post that are a year old and the answer was "they should be able" to activate a 9 plus. This was deemed as a solution and "should be able" is not a confirmed solution. Is it a diffinite YES?


 

Accomplice

Re: Your post regarding the gs9 plus

Thank you for your response,. However, in your post you mention the S9 and the S9SE. My question was for the 9 Plus.

I would like to add, after reading the reviews on the Note 9, I might consider it. However, due to Samsung's drive to push so much bloatware, I'm thinking of going back to iPhone with AT&T and iPad.

 

Secondly, both the S9 and the S9 Plus have reportedly have touch screen problems. that was report back in March 2018. I have not found any information or update about this problem.

They have totally ruined a good product and I'm tired of ads for profit when you've already paid a steep price for the device.

Community Manager

Re: Your post regarding the gs9 plus

My bad, yes you can activate a Samsung Galaxy S9+ Open Market device, one purchased from Samsung.

 

I'm unaware of any touchscreen problems for that device.  My mother has the phone and has not mentioned it and she would be one of the first to complain about something like that.  Trust me.

 


@goodole1 wrote:

Thank you for your response,. However, in your post you mention the S9 and the S9SE. My question was for the 9 Plus.

I would like to add, after reading the reviews on the Note 9, I might consider it. However, due to Samsung's drive to push so much bloatware, I'm thinking of going back to iPhone with AT&T and iPad.

 

Secondly, both the S9 and the S9 Plus have reportedly have touch screen problems. that was report back in March 2018. I have not found any information or update about this problem.

They have totally ruined a good product and I'm tired of ads for profit when you've already paid a steep price for the device.


 

Accomplice

Re: Your post regarding the gs9 plus

LOL, I understand. Thank you for your prompt reply.

Community Manager

Re: Your post regarding the gs9 plus

No prob

 


@goodole1 wrote:

LOL, I understand. Thank you for your prompt reply.