Community Manager

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 4/19/2019

Samsung - Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U)

Software Version: G950USQU5DSD3
Release Date: 4/19/2019
Method: Available OTA

Fixes:

Android security patch level April 2019

Bug fixes which include a patch for LTE data loss after updating to Android P (software version DSC1)

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Enthusiast

My s8, which is only a few months old, still has very bad reception. I cannot connect to the network in places I had great reception before the update. Please advise.

Highlighted
Community Manager

You can do a network reset by dialing ##72786# on the dial pad or take it to a service and repair center.  I would try the dialing code first.

@randols wrote:

My s8, which is only a few months old, still has very bad reception. I cannot connect to the network in places I had great reception before the update. Please advise.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I've already reset the network, PRL update, Profile update, carrier reset code, started in safe mode and reset to factory. Nothing works.

I had a conversation with a Boost rep and pushed some update to my phone. Didn't work. I did however swap to my old S5 and it worked fine. So that tells me it's definitely the update.

What do I need to do get back to Oreo? They've removed the OEM reset so I can't even flash it back. Now I'm stuck making payments for the next year on a phone that doesn't work properly.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Officially, there is no way to backdate or get back to Oreo.  If the issue exists, it is now a visit to an S&R or contact Samsung at 1-800-Samsung.

@randols wrote:
I've already reset the network, PRL update, Profile update, carrier reset code, started in safe mode and reset to factory. Nothing works.

I had a conversation with a Boost rep and pushed some update to my phone. Didn't work. I did however swap to my old S5 and it worked fine. So that tells me it's definitely the update.

What do I need to do get back to Oreo? They've removed the OEM reset so I can't even flash it back. Now I'm stuck making payments for the next year on a phone that doesn't work properly.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Ended up chatting with someone from Boost two times and they could not provide a solution. So now I'm stuck with a phone that is useless the 9 hours a day I'm at work. I have to swap out to my old S5 everyday, because it still works properly. Sad.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Got the latest update. Did not help at all.

Highlighted
Accomplice

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

You can do a network reset by dialing ##72786# on the dial pad or take it to a service and repair center.  I would try the dialing code first.

okay Thanks @Em|_Will_I_Am  i got it would try it to reset my network